1. crp
    Just wonderin....

I just purchased a new 755 & have a fresh backupman backup image of my 650 on miniSD.

If I restore the 650 image onto the new 755, will I create any problems for myself? I've already done just that & everything (except the 650 ver. of PDANet) is working just fine, including the splash screens and image background for the dialer that I've been using.

But, I thought I'd ask anyhow.

TIA,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    You are headed for big problems installing your 650 backup into your755.

There are 650 files the 755 can't use. Not to mention your 650 Saved Prefs file will be different due to 755 button mapping and ROM apps.

But you said you already did it. Live and learn. There is a lot of information out there concerning what to do, and don't do when upgrading devises.

When upgrading devices nothing works better than a clean install. There are enough problems that can generate with incorporating 3rd party applications alone with a Palm device. If it starts to act up do a hard reset to factory settings and start over again the right way. Then again, you might get lucky and your 755 will continue to work fine.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4. crp
    I had to change some of the Pref items after the install. But, all of the apps came over, the PIM functions & all my Calendar/Contact/Memo data came over intact.

I've successfully paired my BT headset & sync'd via BT, using the same user name.

As far as I can tell, it appears to have worked like a charm: everything works as before & the only reset I had was when I first tried to run Opera mini: I did have to reinstall JVM.

YMMV,
    crp
    You might be good to go... I have to admit when I did the MR for the 700p, I did no hard reset even though most on the forums recomended it. I loaded the update on top of what I had. Luckily, my 700p has been a solid performer with a squeak here or there since. Not everybodies situation is the same no matter how they manage their devices sometimes, so to speculate what would be wrong in general might not be an issue with all things being equal.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Another vote for clean install.
    Definitely a clean install, but if he is flying straight and continues to do so I would leave well alone. If issues should arise crp now knows what to do.
    at&t iPhone3G
  8. crp
    Well, having read all of the above replies, I did a clean install. It appeared that things had been working before. The issue was the version of PTunes that I had been using, which overwrote the 755's version.

So, I did a hard reset, created a temp user for Hotsync, synced that user & then did a selective restore of my calendar, contacts & memos.

One question now: the volume of my 755 (phone earpiece & headsets, speakerphone & ringer) all seem to be quieter than my 650. I did restore VolumeCare over from my 650 & it's enabled, but I'd like more volume overall. Any suggestions?

TIA,
    crp