Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I just got a 755 as a replacement to my 700P. It's about one week old now and when I take it off the charger (charging overnight) the battery only reads 95%. The first few days I used it it read 99% coming off the charger, like my 700P did.

Do I just have a bad 755 battery or is something else going on?

TIA
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    welcome to the club
    When I first got my Treo in May it would show 98% or occasionally 97% after taking it off the charger. I got the 2 extended batteries from Sedio and am using the Palm charger now, so I am always up and running, and with it I get 99%. Now when I do a charge from the phone itself I do get 99% most of the time. It apparently is normal to not charge to 100% with the 755P. Apparently the 680 is the same way.
    I think they may have adjusted the scale or something, no big deal. As your battery conditions and the meter adapts it may get more accurate, that seemed to be my experience.

I've since gone with the Seidio 2100 battery and have less worries in the power department than those stuck with the little OEM one that Palm installed, and hence pay less attention to the meter except on very long days.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Seidio 3200 battery ftw =)
    I would recommend learning to live with it and hope that one day Palm will fix it. if it really bothers you do a soft reset when you unplug it from the charger. you could return it for your 700p - I chose not to do that myself. this is my 2nd 755p and they both did/do it.
    yep.
    Disable beams, that should help
  8. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    The 755P battery is a real weak point for the device. I find it to be marginally acceptable. Under certain use patterns, I get less than 5hrs use before needing a charge.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Just got my Seidio 2200 battery. I'll let you know how it works. I filled it last night, and I'm in the process of running it flat (which you're supposed to do the first couple times). I had to use the replacement cover that came with it, but the cover is a perfect match, as far as I can tell. To be honest, it fits the phone better over the Seidio battery better than the Palm cover fit over the Palm battery. The original cover took a little screwing around to lock in place over the original battery. And then no amount of screwing around could get the original cover to lock in place over the extended battery. But the Seidio cover locks right in place over the Seidio battery, and it adds nothing to the shape or size of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z View Post
    Just got my Seidio 2200 battery. I'll let you know how it works. I filled it last night, and I'm in the process of running it flat (which you're supposed to do the first couple times). I had to use the replacement cover that came with it, but the cover is a perfect match, as far as I can tell. To be honest, it fits the phone better over the Seidio battery better than the Palm cover fit over the Palm battery. The original cover took a little screwing around to lock in place over the original battery. And then no amount of screwing around could get the original cover to lock in place over the extended battery. But the Seidio cover locks right in place over the Seidio battery, and it adds nothing to the shape or size of the phone.
    Yes, Seidio did an excellent job of fitting that battery into the same exact area that Palm allowed (too bad Palm didn't have the foresight to design a proper battery, but anyway...)

The fact Seidio designed and offered a complimentary replacement battery door when flaws with using the OEM door were reported says a lot about their company's committment to their end users. Maybe they'd be willing to buy out Palm?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    A note on battery charging

using FileZ, i can see the battery voltage. on the main screen, touch the battery reading to cycle thru votls, % and a graphical representation.......the display does not "update" on my 755p, i have to touch to get it to refresh.

using the 110V wall charger until the light goes GREEN, FileZ shows the battery voltage to be 4.19V, and 100% until i remove the charger cable, then it immediately drops to 98%

using the USB Sync cable to charge until the light goes GREEN, FileZ shows the battery voltage to be 4.22V-4.23V and it stays at 100% for some time (30-60 min) after i remove the USB cable.

i have not tested this with the Sprint branded car charger yet.
    Scott K
    PalmPilot -> PalmPilotPro ->
    HandspringNeo w/ Sprint PCS Wireless Digital Link ->
    Treo 755p Blue -> Treo 800w

bmwr606@yahoo.com
    Using the seidio 3200 battery, I can let my phone run for several days straight without charging after conditioning the battery.

I don't do too much talking on my phone however, but plenty of data related stuff. My previous htc titan would have died roughly after a day every time.

Pretty nice!
    anyone ever get a fix for this battery indicator behavior?
    yep.
    I posted a suggestion for this in another thread. Here it is again:

Drain your battery COMPLETELY. Let it warn you that it's gonna shut down, and let it shut down. Restart your Treo and let it drain the battery a little more. I did this a few times myself. Then completely recharge your battery.

This was a fix for improving the battery life, but I noticed that it also solved my battery indicator situation as well.

Hope it works for you. At the very least, you might get an improved battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyd69 View Post
    I posted a suggestion for this in another thread. Here it is again:

Drain your battery COMPLETELY. Let it warn you that it's gonna shut down, and let it shut down. Restart your Treo and let it drain the battery a little more. I did this a few times myself. Then completely recharge your battery.

This was a fix for improving the battery life, but I noticed that it also solved my battery indicator situation as well.

Hope it works for you. At the very least, you might get an improved battery life.
    just to ensure I know the deal, after I drain the battery to shut off point, I then turn the phone back on and proceed to keep doing it. Then what - do I just plug it in? Do I reset it first? Will this reset it just for that battery, or for both of my batteries? Then do I have to recharge all the way to 100%?

Thanks....
    yep.
    I think the total draining/charging process works to re-condition the actual battery in the treo, where it also works to reset the internal charging circuitry in the phone. If you have two batteries, you would need to do the total drain/charge on each to re-condition each one.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    drain and recharge (via the cradle) did not work. perhaps I should have recharged it in the phone?
    yep.
    Right, just like when re-conditioning your laptop battery, the entire drain until it shuts off then recharge (best if a deep recharge undisturbed overnight) needs to be done IN the device. Part of what happens is it resets the internal charging circuitry of your device, so if you desire to try it all over again, it needs to be inside the treo.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    The discharge was done on the phone. I kept turning it back on until it would no longer turn on (about 15 more times after the initial shutdown). Then I recharged the battery in the cradle. Of course, I immediately put in my second battery that has not been drained yet, so I am not sure what to expect.
    yep.
    It sounds like you are still not getting what I am saying, the entire process of draining the battery to nothing and recharging it full has to be done IN THE PHONE not in a cradle.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast