1.    #1  
    Hi there!

I installed Opera Mini 4 on my WX and I love it! I had to install some Java stuff to make it work.

Does the 755p have the java components by default or do I need to add something? I was going to help my boss install this tomorrow! :P
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    Should work fine on a 755.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I get "Connecting" for a long period of time (10 seconds or so) before any pages start to load on Opera Mini 4. Any ideas why (I figure its probably the Java settings)?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLive View Post
    Hi there!

I installed Opera Mini 4 on my WX and I love it! I had to install some Java stuff to make it work.

Does the 755p have the java components by default or do I need to add something? I was going to help my boss install this tomorrow! :P
    Does 755p support Java instillation? Palm site seems to indicate no. Has anyone installed Java on 775p without problem?
    Yes, you can. With the NEWEST version of OPERA, it works well. The last few versions(old)they just frooze & reset my 755, so off it went. A few days ago I got an email from Opera with the Final version, & works 100%!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Rev.,

Thanks. Loaded Palm IBM Java on 755p and Opera works fine. Also helped with Google Notes which is a great new app from the Google Empire.

Thanks again.
    Just make sure you got your Java settings right...I believe 8mb & 32kb.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Anyone have the links to both the Java and Opera installs?

And Google Notes.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    The link to Java is above. The link to Opera Mini is www.operamini.com The link to Google notes is http://google.com/notebook/m The link to Google, which is where I found the last two, is www.google.com.
    Last edited by twitch3; 11/20/2007 at 06:09 PM.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I get "Connecting" for a long period of time (10 seconds or so) before any pages start to load on Opera Mini 4. Any ideas why (I figure its probably the Java settings)?
    i get this too, for a little while i thought it kept freezing until I noticed the "..." appearing after the word "connecting", i like seeing the actual webpage though, so i think i can deal with that.