1.    #1  
    My company just made it available for me to down the Good Mobile Messaging software so that I could get company Lotus Notes directly pushed to my Treo 700p. I installed the software and now I can read my Lotus Notes on my Treo in real time, which is nice.

Unfortunately, as part of the deal, my IT department disabled text messaging on my Treo. When I try to open the text messaging application on my Treo, a message pops up that the application has been blocked by the IT department. I called them and they cited "security" as being the reason text messaging was disabled when Good Mobile was installed. Now I don't have a way to send or receive text messages on my Treo.

In short, I need a hack or some kind of work-around so that I can keep using Good for my Lotus Notes and also be able to send and receive text messages.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmy Llama View Post
    My company just made it available for me to down the Good Mobile Messaging software so that I could get company Lotus Notes directly pushed to my Treo 700p. I installed the software and now I can read my Lotus Notes on my Treo in real time, which is nice.

Unfortunately, as part of the deal, my IT department disabled text messaging on my Treo. When I try to open the text messaging application on my Treo, a message pops up that the application has been blocked by the IT department. I called them and they cited "security" as being the reason text messaging was disabled when Good Mobile was installed. Now I don't have a way to send or receive text messages on my Treo.

In short, I need a hack or some kind of work-around so that I can keep using Good for my Lotus Notes and also be able to send and receive text messages.

The real question is whether you own the Treo, or does the company? If they own it, and their policy is to have texting disabled, then you could be risking reprimand or worse by violating their policy, depending on how serious they are about it. If it is your phone then they could only refuse to allow you to use Good Mobile. As a manager, I have seen staff go awry by presuming that they can do as they please on equipment owned by their employer. Not to be a spoilsport or anything ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmy Llama View Post

Actually, you can send text messages via email using the Teleflip service and receive the response via email.

To use the Teleflip Service, address the email to the ten digit telephone number @ teleflip.com (0123456789@teleflip.com).

When the person responds, the response will be sent to your inbox of your email service.

Stalker768