1.    #1  
    OK- I have a T680 and it works pretty darne well. But lately I have been experiencing soft resets. Usually after I get a call missed notification or sms, and then I try to acknowledge it and hit OK....then reset.

To me this is clearly a software issue. Compatibility or clash of the notification programs.

Is there anyway to track this down...software tracking or something like that. I know the hobbyist has a program that states it can do this. But have not seen anyone say anything about the program good or bad.

For what it is worth, I don't have the treo all that loaded with stuff.

Third party apps are limited to:
    Butler
    Spalsh ID
    Power Hero
    Rollover
    ptunes
    docs to go

so not much. If I had to guess it could be the clash of the phone app and the butler attention grabber.

Any thoughts, similar experiences etc.

Thanks

Skigs
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs View Post
    OK- I have a T680 and it works pretty darne well. But lately I have been experiencing soft resets. Usually after I get a call missed notification or sms, and then I try to acknowledge it and hit OK....then reset.

To me this is clearly a software issue. Compatibility or clash of the notification programs.

Is there anyway to track this down...software tracking or something like that. I know the hobbyist has a program that states it can do this. But have not seen anyone say anything about the program good or bad.

For what it is worth, I don't have the treo all that loaded with stuff.

Third party apps are limited to:
    Butler
    Spalsh ID
    Power Hero
    Rollover
    ptunes
    docs to go

so not much. If I had to guess it could be the clash of the phone app and the butler attention grabber.

Any thoughts, similar experiences etc.

Thanks

Skigs
    It's your auto date, time and time zone update crapp ... turn it off.
    #*377 will tell you the last app that crashed.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
  4. kwf
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    It's your auto date, time and time zone update crapp ... turn it off.
    I've had my 680 (replaced a 650) for sinced introduced by Cingular (AT&T) which is almost a year now. I've attempted this fix for various issues over time to no avail. In my case I have found that the most issues that I have had has been with 3rd party applications conflicting with or inteferring with the built in phone application. Have done a number of hard resets over time trying to figure out what application or applications were causing my issues. With the last hard reset I installed my 3rd party applications one at a time and let them run 2-3 days before installing the next one. After searching these and other forums I found 3-4 3rd party applications that others were having problems with that I own. I did not install these and still haven't. My 680 has now been very stable now for about 3 months. Is my 680 now perfect? No, but what few problems that I do encounter I can live with.
  5.    #5  
    It may not solve my problem...but which programs did you have trouble with? I don't want to add insult to injury and get those too.

skigs
    You could check your apps against the compatibility list at palmfocus.com.
    you may also use our freeware TraceCrash:

www.suntzu-software.com/tracecrash.htm
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    You don't have that many apps. i would back everything up and do a hard reset and freshly install everything.

just my $.02
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios View Post
    #*377 will tell you the last app that crashed.

Amazing... thanks!
    "phone"

memorymgrc, line :3035, chunk over-locked

wtf does this mean
    Seems others have had the same problem recently. See this thread and my post #4 for an answer to your question.

skigs - as detective said, check the compatibility list and also remember that some of the developers don't have an actual 680 to test with. Palm provides a software simulator which *should* be a good test environment, but may not model the actual hardware perfectly - especially with the carrier customization that gets done. It may take a few bug fixes before the app gets stable on a new hardware/carrier combination.

For me, the Butler developer has been great to work with and if he possibly can, will fix anything reported. Of your apps, I'd be suspect of Rollover and PowerHero first since the others have been around for a very long time. Make sure you are running the latest production versions as well.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)