Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sorry for the blatant top posting, but I'm really curious about what others have done to fill the void due to the lack of native voice command support that the Centro provides. I'm really resisting using a subscription product such as Sprint's own service or Nuance and would much rather purchase a self contained application that is available but have not been able to locate such an application that is compatible with the Centro.

I've also heard that there's some issues when using voice commands/dialing over bluetooth vs. not. Can someone elaborate?
    I don't know what top posting is but it would've been great if you had posted on the existing thread, where your post would've been on top.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    As far as I know there is no voice dialing over Bluetooth. The void, I have nothing filling it, I'm hoping that http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    updates it to support the Centro.
    Some of the "hands-free" devices for cars (which are usually bluetooth) do have limited built-in voice commands. I'm actually looking at going this way, rather then driving around looking like a trekkie with a earpiece hanging out of my ear. I find the only real time I need voice command is when I'm driving. I agree, both Sprint and Nuaance take too long for their server to respond and are too pricey (even at $5 and $6 /mo.) to utilize. In fact, I have found that both often are not completely hands free themselves as they require you to distinguish which number (even if you said mobile) or require you to touch the screen because you need to access the internet or whatever. Too much hassle for the money. With today's voice technology, you would think there would be something better out there, especially since there seems to be more on other phones. I read in another thread where VoiceIt didn't work that well. So, I too am waiting in anticipation for someone to find an alternative that works well, or until I buy a car kit, whichever comes first.

Stu
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    I don't know what top posting is but it would've been great if you had posted on the existing thread, where your post would've been on top.
    Well no, actually it would have been on the bottom. The existing thread wasn't getting much attention, thus my apologetic comment on the posting for this thread.
    There have been several new threads this week including yours that should have been posts added to existing threads. I guess your thread bothered me since you said you intentionally did it.

This is standard forum etiquette. People should do a search, which is found above the Last Page link on the top right, before posting a new thread. There are a lot of people on here who read every thread and take their time to offer help to people here. I really appreciate it and now that I'm learning more about the phone I'm taking the time to help people. Its a waste of time for people to have to go through more than one thread that covers the same thing for both people offering help and people looking for information. I hope this clears this up for anyone else who might consider posting a new thread when they shouldn't.

Btw, all threads with new posts are at the top with the newest one listed first and they are all in bold. No one will miss your post. People could also do a search and find it if they don't want to read the thread subjects that have new posts. I don't think that's an issue here. The phone is still new and people are still learning.

[Just to add some people post "Bump" to bring the thread back up if something in a post hasn't been addressed. Even then it remains in the same thread, not a new one.]