1.    #1  

I've been searching on the Internet for tutorials on how to build your own treo applications. I know I've seen them before, but I'm unable to find them now.

I have some ideas to create some new treo apps that could benefit all Treo users, but I need to find a company or someone willing to help me create the applications from my ideas. Is anyone here cabable and interested in helping me create an application? Or does anyone know of anyone that I could contact?? Thanks in advance. -z-

Maybe you would get a bit of interest if you gave a hint of what the "killer app" was about.
    Theres also the developer forum in this BB. check it out and search there for help.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Oh and I second mentioning what that app might be.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Maybe you would get a bit of interest if you gave a hint of what the "killer app" was about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Oh and I second mentioning what that app might be.
    Rule number one, don't ever tell anyone what your ideas are before they are patented or copyrighted. Guys, he asked for help nicely on how to go about doing something that he might or might not make money on. Nothing wrong with trying to find out the right way to do it without giving up his ideas to competitors that have the know how that he is trying, again, nicely to learn.
    Last edited by RickMG; 11/15/2007 at 10:24 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    RichMG well said. I now see what youre saying.

I still recommend he looks in the dev forum. I know there are a few threads in there about getting started.
    There is no spoon.
    https://pdn.palm.com/regac/pdn/index.jsp gets you the Developer page for Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Rule number one, don't ever tell anyone what your ideas are before they are patented or copyrighted. .....
    It's a bit hard to know if you are interested in the project without some indication of what it's about. It should be possible to give some broad indication without giving away the "special sauce".
    It's a bit hard to know if you are interested in the project without some indication of what it's about. It should be possible to give some broad indication without giving away the "special sauce".
    You are absolutely correct but I don't see where he was saying he wanted to get anyone interested until he comes out with it. Any indication can create competition from people who probably will know exactly what needs to be done to bring the program to fruition quicker than him. Now, if he was looking for opinions on his idea being needed, that would be another story, but I didn't get that from his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    https://pdn.palm.com/regac/pdn/index.jsp gets you the Developer page for Palm.
    Now this is a great response to further Hdhntr23's info above.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Hope that "Killer App" is a new OS that can be installed on existing Treos!!
  11.    #11  
    Rule number one, don't ever tell anyone what your ideas are before they are patented or copyrighted. Guys, he asked for help nicely on how to go about doing something that he might or might not make money on. Nothing wrong with trying to find out the right way to do it without giving up his ideas to competitors that have the know how that he is trying, again, nicely to learn.

Thanks, RickMG. Exactly my reason for being vague. I'll check out the developer forum. Take care ... -z-
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I wasn't sure from your post whether you were looking to program this yourself or have someone else do it.

If you are looking to have someone else do it, check out elance.com and post a project there. I have seen a bunch of palm programmers there and you just need to post your idea for a project and they will bid on the cost.

I have never used elance for palm programming, but I have used it 6 other times for programming projects and been very satisfied.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    I wasn't sure from your post whether you were looking to program this yourself or have someone else do it.

If you are looking to have someone else do it, check out elance.com and post a project there. I have seen a bunch of palm programmers there and you just need to post your idea for a project and they will bid on the cost.

I have never used elance for palm programming, but I have used it 6 other times for programming projects and been very satisfied.

noahas -

Thanks a lot ... That's an awesome website. I will be needing someone to develop the software for me, so this is right on path for what I'm looking for.
    ... I don't see where he was saying he wanted to get anyone interested until he comes out with it. ....
    That's what this bit sounded like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherguy View Post
    ... but I need to find a company or someone willing to help me create the applications from my ideas. Is anyone here cabable and interested in helping me create an application?...
    That's what this bit sounded like to me.
    I do see where you got that from, didn't like the way you wrote it (the written word doesn't always come out like it's meant), but I read it as only wanted to know who would be interested in helping him in programming it.