Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Currently switching from BB Pearl on TMO to the Treo 680.
    I have the unlimited data BB plan with TMO.

Questions:

1) Just insert my SIM into the Treo, right?
    2) Will the TMO My Faves still work for free on the Treo? (do not expect the My Faves scren, just hope they are still free.
    3) Any other fixes or set-ups I need to do?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Humm, I have the $19 bb plan but I don't have faves on this plan.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Yes.

TMO My Faves is just specific #'s you call right, so it should not matter what phone you call from.

Not sure about the bb plan. I have the unlimited internet for 19.99. You will have to try it.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    My Favs works fine on a Treo, however, you can only manage the numbers you dial from the TMobile website and you can only change them once a month. Program your favs numbers into the Treo's speed dials. As for data, use the $5.99 data plan, that's all the Treo really needs. I have TMobile total internet, $19.99, but it includes Starbucks wifi, which is great when I have my laptop and want to use the web and work on the internet at the same time. The 680 is finally working well, now that I have flashed with a custom rom. I like it!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    What is this $5.99 data plan? I have a Treo 600 registered T-Mobile (well, I'm trying out a Treo 680 now, but anyway...) but I only see the $20 internet plan (with Hotspot I think).

$5.99 would be sweet.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    OK,

I'll admit I'm not too up to speed here.

Got the unlocked Treo 680. Inserted the SIM from the Blackberry Pearl (TMobile).

Phone works fine receiving and making calls.

Cannot connect to internet.

How do I config to get my email and surf net?

I have the unlimited $19.95 BB data plan with TMO.

Thanks...........
    1. The easy way is to call tmobile and have them switch your data plan to the total internet package that has the hotspots you have to change your network settings to Tmobile Internet. and not Tzones.

2. Try changing the settings in the network settings.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frjeff View Post
    OK,

Got the unlocked Treo 680. Inserted the SIM from the Blackberry Pearl (TMobile).

Thanks...........
    Select T-Zones when you have the BB data plan.
    You do not need the proxy code. Works just like the T-Mobile Internet, just $10.00 less per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTacMatt View Post
    Select T-Zones when you have the BB data plan.
    You do not need the proxy code. Works just like the T-Mobile Internet, just $10.00 less per month.
    Total internet price is the same a the blackberry plan, plus Total Internet gives you wifi
    I have T-mobile on my 680 and have the 'Sidekick Unlimited' unlimited text and internet $19.99 a month.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Total internet price is the same a the blackberry plan, plus Total Internet gives you wifi
    I got " BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on" and that runs me $19.99 per month. That seemed the better deal at the time.
    Before when I check the T-Mobile Total Internet, it was $29.99.

Now I see that they dropped the price to $19.99. I'm switching as I type this.

Thanks smileyboy!!!

P.S.How do I use/access their wifi access?
    Last edited by SoTacMatt; 11/23/2007 at 09:10 PM.
    it is your user id and password you use to login to their site,

I just found another cool hack with their plans.

If you select the Blackberry unlimited international email plan, you can use the internet abroad too. Tmobile doesn't know how to tell the difference between email and data.

I know what I'm using when I go to Mexicali
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    BTW, what Pearl do you have and what are you going to do with it? If it is in perfect condition, I might know someone who'd be interested in buying it...pm me if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by frjeff View Post
    OK,

Thanks...........
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  14. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Hey guys, i just had my t-mob total internet plan lowered to $19.99, w00t. They lowered the price from the $29.99 recently. yay! If anyone's using total internet and you haven't contacted them about it, it might still charge $29.99, just like mine did. So give 'em a call.

... and if everyone already knows this, sorry for repeating!
    I just saw that with AT&T, if you have a Treo you are stuck with the $44 per month unlimited MediaNet and Text messaging.

I don't do a lot of text messaging, so my preference would have been the unlimited MediaNet and 200 Text messages for $19.99/mo; however, AT&T doesn't offer that option with PDA phones!
    On t-mobile.com to get access to the Blackberry plans, switch your phone type to a Blackberry Curve thenyou will be able to select the International Blackberry plan. I have turned it on for my phone and I'll test it in Chihuahua next week, and see if I'm billed for international data! This would be "verrry nice"!
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    I just got my 680 and am setting it up. Can't seem to get online. I have the 5.99 plan for T-Mobile, but it's not working and I can't "modify" it. With my 650, I think I was able to mess with the port to get the full internet plan, but only pay 5.99 any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by senoje View Post
    I have T-mobile on my 680 and have the 'Sidekick Unlimited' unlimited text and internet $19.99 a month.
    How's that working for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTacMatt
    P.S.How do I use/access their wifi access?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    it is your user id and password you use to login to their site,
    It is not.

Username is your phone number
    Password is the last 4 digits of the primary account holder SS number
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    Which both can be changed to whatever you want.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast