1.    #1  
    It's been over 2 weeks since I had my Centro. So far this has been the best palm device I've ever owned so far, and I owned a quite a bit dating back to Palm Pilot days.

One thing that really bothers me about Centro is the squeaky battery cover. Every time I use the thumb board, I get a squeaking noise from the flimsy battery cover, and it seems like there is a simple solution to prevent that.

Has anyone tried anything to address the issue? I remeber back when I was using 650, I used to stub a dollar bill between the battery and the cover, and it made the unit feel alot more solid.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I used a piece of paper to stiffen the back up. The more folds, the thicker the paper, and the more support it gives.

So far so good. Though I wish it wasn't like that to begin with.
    There is a thread on this, mine just started squeaking too after almost a week.
    can't a mod merge repeat threads? and then delete meaningless posts like this one?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I couldnt stand the noise coming from the door. It was most annoying while texting. My Solution: I went to the store and bought vecro. The one that is sticky on both sides. I took the fuzzy side(not the scratchy one) and cut up really thin strips. I stuck the strips to the back of the battery door where i heard most of the noise coming from. Problem solved. It feels so much better in my hands. Now all i need is a Seidio Slim rubberized case. This thing is so slippery!
    Mine started after a week or so. I think its from the stress of trying so hard to get the door on .The door is very hard to put back on. Seems like that might be it. The door losens up a little from at the pushing and pulling to get the door on.
    Quote Originally Posted by naddie View Post
    I used a piece of paper to stiffen the back up. The more folds, the thicker the paper, and the more support it gives.

So far so good. Though I wish it wasn't like that to begin with.
    A business card did the trick for me on my 700p.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover