1.    #1  
    starting yesterday the backlight for the keyboard will not come on when i hit the power button and then hit center to bring it out of sleep mode.

i read through a few threads on backlights on centros and found the trick for option+menu to toggle it on and off. i have to toggle it twice for it to come on, then when i bring the phone out of sleep again the backlight is off and will not come back on. i can also go prefs>power>brightness and move the slider and it will come on, then when brought back out of sleep light will not come back on.

i can try typing in a text box, dialing a number, and it will not come on without the toggle(x2) or the brightness bar move

any help?

and just to add to the masses: bad battery life. reboots while in blazer.
    Have you tried a soft reset, other than those caused by Blazer?
    You must have a 3rd party app that controls the backlight. What have you added? KBlightout, Power Hero or the other backlight hack that is setup to do what you don't like.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  4.    #4  
    ill look up how to soft reset the centro

i dont have any third party apps on it.

edit: how do i soft reset it? cant find a thread on it, and not at home to look it up in the book
    Last edited by z50king; 11/14/2007 at 10:37 PM.
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z50king View Post
    ill look up how to soft reset the centro

i dont have any third party apps on it.

edit: how do i soft reset it? cant find a thread on it, and not at home to look it up in the book

To Soft Reset remove the battery and then put it back in.

Rich
  6.    #6  
    oh ok thankyou. i will do this now
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    i installed an apps package from palmloyal.com and it had something called keylight or something like that. you ahve to have fileprog to find it (it doesn't show up in apps) and then remove that hack. mine started doing that to me and i read about taking that hack off. back to normal now.

could you have possibly installed something that had that hack in it?
  8.    #8  
    naw, it just needed a soft reset.

i did just install the application thing that takes the ones you dont want to see off the home screen. that works great!
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    Same issue for me. Soft reset fixes, but it returns after a few days.
  10.    #10  
    hmm, I haven't had it return
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw