Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a program that will use the LED as an alert to let you know you missed a call, have a voicemail, or have an SMS? Most phones let you know at a glance without having to push a button to start it to see if you have a message or missed call. I know there's a program or two that does this for some Treos....what about the Centro?

    Thanks,
    Mad Dog
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogprod View Post
    Anyone know of a program that will use the LED as an alert to let you know you missed a call, have a voicemail, or have an SMS? Most phones let you know at a glance without having to push a button to start it to see if you have a message or missed call. I know there's a program or two that does this for some Treos....what about the Centro?
    I believe the latest version of Butler will do this. Unfortunately, all Butler can do on the centro is turn the LED solid green - no flashing or other colors.
  3. #3  
    Read here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=156274

    Also PowerMan can use the LED--no colors though.

    I also like TreoHour w/Keyguard (though I don't use the TreoHour part):
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=155659

    That way I get the LED for SMS/Missed Call and when I turn on the device I get an update on the count. (Chatter also can use the solid Green LED).
    Last edited by Malatesta; 11/14/2007 at 05:52 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. #4  
    Does TreoHour make the led blink?

    I know PhoneDisconnect doesn't.
    diane
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Does TreoHour make the led blink?

    I know PhoneDisconnect doesn't.
    No, it's just has a keyguard replacement that tells you number of emails, SMS, alerts and any new appointments.

    PhoneDisconnect only blinks for new messages when being charged, to differentiate it from the solid green "fully charged" LED (at least it should, it does work when charging and in red).

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. #6  
    Treo Alert Manager can make the LED blink as we all are used to. I got wind of this App over on Sprint Users. You can download it over at MyTreo.net. Its no longer supported as the developer, PDAapps.com has been taken over by another developer. I've sent an email to the new people hoping to find a way around the free trial.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Treo Alert Manager can make the LED blink as we all are used to. I got wind of this App over on Sprint Users. You can download it over at MyTreo.net. Its no longer supported as the developer, PDAapps.com has been taken over by another developer. I've sent an email to the new people hoping to find a way around the free trial.
    wow. im gonna have to look in to this
    I'm a Pre gal now
  8. #8  
    Here's a direct link, to save folks from hunting around:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-527.html

    This application only provides the LED alerting if I have vibration or audible turned on with it -- seemingly I can't turn off both and just have the LED notify me when I miss a call on my Centro.

    But the huge news here is that the Centro's BLINKING LED FUNCTIONALITY CAN BE CONTROLLED via a 3rd party app... and someone who is knowledgeable in POS will hopefully take a look at this, and try coming up with a simple app of their own.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
  9. #9  
  10. fatal99's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #10  
    I can't seem to get treo alert manager to work my led at all. hmmm, I would love to have my led flash like the 700p
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi-Man View Post
    Would be nice if it provided a BLINKING LED instead of a solid LED. But very close.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    I can't seem to get treo alert manager to work my led at all. hmmm, I would love to have my led flash like the 700p
    Same here.

    The LED blinks on/off one time when the reminder pops on...so I basically have to look at my device and catch this LED moment.

    Headcase, is this what you meant by BLINKING?

    Or should the LED just blink continuously on/off till you acknowledge the Alert?

    (BTW, if TreoAlertMgr does pan out, I will post my patched 2.4 version so you all can generate your own serial master code for it. I don't feel bad since AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $no$ $one$ $is$ $loosing$ $money$ $on$ $the$ $app$ $anymore$, $therefore$ $it$ $should$ $be$ $turned$ $into$ $freeware$.)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Same here.

    The LED blinks on/off one time when the reminder pops on...so I basically have to look at my device and catch this LED moment.

    Headcase, is this what you meant by BLINKING?

    Or should the LED just blink continuously on/off till you acknowledge the Alert?

    (BTW, if TreoAlertMgr does pan out, I will post my patched 2.4 version so you all can generate your own serial master code for it. I don't feel bad since AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $no$ $one$ $is$ $loosing$ $money$ $on$ $the$ $app$ $anymore$, $therefore$ $it$ $should$ $be$ $turned$ $into$ $freeware$.)
    When I enabled vibration within the app, my Centro would vibrate and the LED would blink concurrently, every 10 seconds.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Does TreoHour make the led blink?

    I know PhoneDisconnect doesn't.
    Would you like TreoHour to blink LEDs in case of some (email, SMS... maybe others too) pending alerts?

    It is possible to easily make the Green LED blink, or make the Red, Green or Orange LED on (solid). Other conditions are not so self-evident from the Palm SDK API.

    Switching off an LED (esp. from an application that is not currently active) is a big pain. Maybe that is the reason why you don't find too many applications using this feature.

    Centro users: what happens with Centro + TreoHour? Does the LED behave as expected during a chime?

    - mvk
    Game over!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Would you like TreoHour to blink LEDs in case of some (email, SMS... maybe others too) pending alerts?

    Centro users: what happens with Centro + TreoHour? Does the LED behave as expected during a chime?

    - mvk
    lol, I'd like an LED feature

    To answer your question: only the Solid Green LED choice works on the Centro w/TreoHour enabled. It will hold the LED for as long as you set the time to display in Treohour and it turns off when finished.

    Flash Green LED results in no LED alert.

    From what I understand, the LED on the Centro is configured like the 680--which means I don't think it's possible to get other colors. But I'm willing to be surprised.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  16. #16  
    I just want the led to blink! I don't care for the other colors either. Green would be fine. Did the Treo 680 ever get this fixed? Did they get the led to blink?
    diane
  17. #17  
    Malatesta and headcase are correct, you must have both the audible and vibrate option selected to have the LED blink with TreoAlertMgr. While this is not the ultimate solution, it is a start and I can live with it

    You can set the notification interval from 10 to 300 seconds. I have mine set to 10 and set to notify only when screen is off. I chose the last option after playing with the app for a couple of days. If you don't choose to notify only when screen is off, it will play both the TreAlertMgr "tone" and whatever "tone" you have chosen for your SMS, Email... at the same time. With the screen off option selected and a call, SMS... arrives the device wakes up and delivers the alert you've chosen for that app, if you miss it or don't acknowledge it and the device screen goes back to sleep, TreAlertMgr takes over and blinks the LED, vibrates and plays the alert chosen in the app until you wake up the device. Placing the device in silent mode with the "hard switch" allows only the vibrate and LED to work.

    Like I said, not optimal, but it does work. My understanding is TreoAlertMgr triggers off the "little yellow bell" that flashes in the upper lefthand corner of the screen when an event is missed.

    Hope this helps. If I hear anything back from my email, I'll post it here ASAP.
  18.    #18  
    I started this thread and have been watching...and just tried TreoAlertMgr. Not the perfect solution, but a decent one for the moment. Sure would be nice to just have the LED without the vibrate and audible. Not to mention being able to unlock the program. Hopefully someone will hear our call (so to speak) and get something gigging here. In the meantime, thanks for the help in finding this.

    BTW, anyone have any idea how much power would be sucked up if it keeps "alarming" for a couple of hours when you're not around?

    Mad Dog
  19.    #19  
    I'm checking out Phone Disconnect which Malatesta mentioned in thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=156274 and so far I like it. It doesn't have to vibrate and make noise. It doesn't blink, which is too bad, and the disconnect part is meaningless to me, but who cares? Now if we could combine them into one that does just what we all want we'd be set!
  20. #20  
    I'm still confused on TreoAlertMgr...

    If I set the alert for 300 seconds (5 mins), I don't get any LED action in between those 5 mins. When the "alert" sounds, the LED comes on then goes off 1-time and that's it. Is that correct?

    I actually prefer that when I first get a message/alert, the Green LED just goes on and stays on till I answer the Alert. That gives me the best visual ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogprod View Post
    BTW, anyone have any idea how much power would be sucked up if it keeps "alarming" for a couple of hours when you're not around?

    Mad Dog
    If you use Vibrate...a lot. The vibrate function is one of the biggest battery drains on all mobile devices as it takes lots of juice to rattle the phone. Do that every 10 seconds for 30 minutes? I bet a huge battery drain.

    Audible isn't so bad and same with LED, but overall--yeah, doing it every 10 seconds for a duration will impact battery life. MS on their WM Team Blog argued against having "service" LEDs on mobile devices, showing how although small, over time that LED does consume % of your battery.

    maddogprod: like I posted above, if you don't hear back them I'll just post a patched version of TreoAlertMgr to get rid of the trial.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions