Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow. This thread has me confused. Does TreoAlertManager give a blinking LED? Has anyone found a definitive answer?
    I'm a Pre gal now
  2.    #22  
    It doesn't really blink, per se, but flashes. You can adjust the length of time between flashes from 1 second to 300 seconds. The only problem I have with it at the moment is you have to have the vibrate and audible alerts on too, meaning you get all that each time. Someone's looking at hacking/fixing/tweaking it if they can....hopefully they can!
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogprod View Post
    It doesn't really blink, per se, but flashes. You can adjust the length of time between flashes from 1 second to 300 seconds. The only problem I have with it at the moment is you have to have the vibrate and audible alerts on too, meaning you get all that each time. Someone's looking at hacking/fixing/tweaking it if they can....hopefully they can!

so if you set the vibrate and audible alerts on and then hit the 'silent' switch on top, will it vibrate from an incoming alert and the LED flash until you check it?

TIA
    I'm a Pre gal now
    So in summary:

- Treo Alert Manager provides blinking green LED for missed calls & messages, but currently must be tied to vibrate or audible alert (hopefully can be hacked to eliminate that "feature")

- PhoneDisconnect provides solid green LED for missed calls & messages, and oscillates between Red and Green for missed calls & messages while Centro is on charger

- MissedCall provides solid green LED for missed calls & messages

One of these is BOUND to provide what many of us want: blinking green LED when missed call/message, and bonus: oscillating red/green LED while on the charger.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    So in summary:

- Treo Alert Manager provides blinking green LED for missed calls & messages, but currently must be tied to vibrate or audible alert (hopefully can be hacked to eliminate that "feature")

- PhoneDisconnect provides solid green LED for missed calls & messages, and oscillates between Red and Green for missed calls & messages while Centro is on charger

One of these is BOUND to provide what many of us want: blinking green LED when missed call/message, and bonus: oscillating red/green LED while on the charger.
    and right now im using Butler and it also provides a solid green for missed calls/ sms/ emails
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Yeah, I purposely was alluding to apps designed specifically for this problem that Palm left us with. Like some folks, I'm not interested in loading apps like Butler or PowerMan just for this specific issue of triggering the LED. (but certainly a nice bonus for those that use those apps).
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    So in summary:

This is exactly what I want/need. I'm fortunate in that I have access to a charger most of the time. So I don't see missed alerts when it's charging. I had the issue with the 755 and didn't find a solution. I would definitely pay for exactly what you described here (in bold).
    The question is, does Treo Alert Manager actually patch into the "flashing" option of the LED, or does it just stay active and turn the LED On/Off a bunch of times on it's own?

I read a couple of posts from the developer of Butler saying he had not found a way to actually "turn on" the flashing LED, without resorting to manually turning the LED on/off repeatedly...and mentioned this was something that wouldn't necessarily be a good idea for a program to do.

http://forum.smartphoneexperts.com//...2&postcount=40
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,55862.0.html
  9.    #29  
    [QUOTE=porkozone;1377448]The question is, does Treo Alert Manager actually patch into the "flashing" option of the LED, or does it just stay active and turn the LED On/Off a bunch of times on it's own?QUOTE]

Since you can set the timing of the "flashing," I'd say it turns it on and off at the time interval you choose rather than its being a true flashing.
    Try Treo Allegro...can get it over on mytreo.net. Was made for the 600 but I use it on my 700.

IGO
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Try Treo Allegro...can get it over on mytreo.net. Was made for the 600 but I use it on my 700.

IGO
    Any idea if it works with the Centro?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    It didn't work on mine, back to treo alert manager and a small chirp every 10 seconds when I miss a text.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    MissedCall is working on my Centro. You can only use the green LED for now and no flashing. Other than that, it works well.
    A little off topic, but is there a 3rd party program to ensure missed calendar and task alerts activate the LED?
    Quote Originally Posted by tien View Post
    A little off topic, but is there a 3rd party program to ensure missed calendar and task alerts activate the LED?
    Butler can hook into the "Alerts" of the default OS--which is also used by Calender and Tasks. In turn you can have the "nag" feature associate with that and have the LED as an option.

I think that's your only option as the rest of these apps are for just SMS/MC. It will still be solid green though--no different from SMS or Voicemail, but still better than nothing.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Sorry to bring up an older thread but, Treo Alert hit the end of its trial period for me & phonedisconnect doesn't seem to want to install because my phone isn't a treo???? Not sure what this means because every other program I have used from my 700p seems to work beautifully. I unfortunately don't feel that an led notification of a missed alert should be paid for. I Loved the flashing light on my 650, took a bit to get used to the blinking flash on my 700p and eventually felt it made sense, now I get nothing?!?!?!?!? Jeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    Sorry to bring up an older thread but, Treo Alert hit the end of its trial period for me...
    I think I've mentioned numerous times here that I successfully "patched" (read: hacked) that app so you can generate your own reg code and that I can post if anyone wants it...

That offer is still on the table and I can do it late tonight. I don't feel unethical about it since it's not for sale anymore.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I knew you said you would post a patched version, I still don't see it. Where is "hacked". I'm reading this from the mobileTC site.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    I knew you said you would post a patched version, I still don't see it. Where is "hacked". I'm reading this from the mobileTC site.
    No one asked for it, so I never posted it But I can tonight when I get home.

I'll attach to a post.

So basically if I remember correctly, install the patched version first and run it. Then go to the registration screen and just type some random numbers and try to register.
    • An error screen should pop up
    • That screen should have a number on it--write it down!
    • The device should automatically reset after hitting "ok" or "done"

Now delete the patched version and install the regular. Go to register it with the number you wrote down from before.

I think that's the way it works...it's been weeks since I did this But it works 100% I'm just fuzzy on the details, lol.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast