music was an afterthought (or no thought at all) for Palm, Inc. The
    Treo 700p does not support stereo in any way, shape, or form. Not
    with a wired headset, not with bluetooth. Even though the device
    supports 4GB add-on memory cards, the "engineers" at Palm decided that
    consumers were already going to purchase an iPod and they didn't want
    the extra business.

The company is screaming, "Go buy an iPhone!"

Grumble grumble...

Does anyone else have any updates on this information?
    Thanks?
    The source that you got your information from must be misinformed, or confused on what you wanted.

The run down:

The Treo 700p supports stereo audio through the wired jack (you will need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to use regular headphones). For Bluetooth, the Treo only supports bluetooth headsets for making calls. Those are mono. If you want to listen to use Bluetooth audio then you will need to purchase a program called Softick Audio Gateway and it will support full stereo bluetooth to most bluetooth headphones (I do not know how well it works with cars, but I have heard that it does work). SAG (Softick Audio Gateway) also supports using controls on some bluetooth headsets with most of the major media players (TCPMP, pTunes, and a few others). I use SAG with a pair of Lubix bluetooth headphones. It works pretty well.

Also, the Treo does come with a media player installed. It comes with a version of pTunes that can play mp3 files. Depending on your needs, you may want to upgrade to the basic or deluxe versions (I believe that there are two versions).

Also, please do not put engineers in quotes as if they do not know what they are doing. Features being included or not included in the Treo is a business decision (usually on the level of marketing) and not an engineering decision.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I use a stereo bluetooth headset with my treo 700p - jabra bt8010 - there is a 20.00 program from softstick audio gateway that makes it work - and its GREAT!!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I believe the iphone actually has no way to listen to music through bluetooth (I could be wrong, I don't have one). Although the 700p doesn't come with it out of the box, it is possible with a 3rd party app as metioned above (SAG).

By the way SAG isn't perfect. It sounds great but it freezes up occasionally. The issues with it though are worth it to me to get rid of the wires.
    You're kidding right??

Like others said, the Treo is a very capable STEREO music player. In addition to bluetooth stereo, you can play stereo music through any headphones or any device that has a 3.5mm jack. That includes car stereos, home stereos, etc. Just like an ipod.

Also, now that SD cards are up to 16gb in capacity, you can store hundreds of songs and many movies, which you can listen to in stereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    ... you can play stereo music through any headphones or any device that has a 3.5mm jack. That includes car stereos, home stereos, etc. Just like an ipod. ....
    Just to clarify. The Treo does indeed output stereo audio, but through a 2.5mm socket, and you will need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor to interface with the mentioned items.
    Yeah, that's right about the adapter. The one with the short wire is best as it puts less stress on the semi-fragile jack.
    Also, you have to have a stereo blue tooth headset(BT8010), SAG will not work with mono blue tooth headsets .