1.    #1  
    I know this is an older phone that what is out on the market today but I would like to know if I can access my home email account on the go with my treo. I have verizon serivce Thanks for any help. PS I did a search and most posts were from back in 2003 and didn't help me out.
    Firmware version? You should have an native email app. Just set it up for any POP account following the directions - it's straightforward. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Firmware version? You should have an native email app. Just set it up for any POP account following the directions - it's straightforward. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply but I have no idea what you are talking about. "firmware version" "native email app" "POP account" ??? Sorry I am just not that up on things. I am not a complete ***** though. If you give me some help hopefully I can fiqure it out.

What I want to do is be able to check my home email from my phone. With all the emails I get for my kids sports I end up missing half of them by the time I get to check out my email at home.

Thanks for any help you can show me.
    What kind of email do you use at home? That might help you get some slightly more specific answers.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    What kind of email do you use at home? That might help you get some slightly more specific answers.

Thanks for the reply. On my home computer I use micrsoft outlook.
    Haha...um...maybe I wasn't specific enough. Outlook is the client, or the program you use to check your email. Who is the service provider for that email account?
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Also the firmware version would determine if you have a native email client on your treo. I guess you should look in your programs launcher and see if you have a 'Mail' app. You might have to buy one, or I can email you one that you could install.

Lastly, if you have the manual, read it. Or go to the Palm website and download it.

I'll keep tabs on this thread to see how you're doing.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Also the firmware version would determine if you have a native email client on your treo. I guess you should look in your programs launcher and see if you have a 'Mail' app. You might have to buy one, or I can email you one that you could install.

Lastly, if you have the manual, read it. Or go to the Palm website and download it.

I'll keep tabs on this thread to see how you're doing.
    Thanks again. My service provider is optimum online from Cablevision. I do have a copy of my Treo Manual I can take a look and see what I can find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike View Post
    Thanks for the reply. On my home computer I use micrsoft outlook.
    The email account settings you setup in outlook to 'fetch' your mail will be important when you setup accounts in the mail app for your treo.

Have you checked your treo programs to see if you have the 'Mail' application? Press the 'Home' key (the one with the house on it), farthest right hardkey. Make sure you have the 'All' category listed and scroll down to see if you have 'Email' or 'Mail' (alphabetical order).