Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems connecting to your internet using Sprints powervision? We have 3 treo's in our office and all three are doing the same thing.

You try and connect and the Connecting to powervison pops up and stays there for like 3 minutes and never connects and eventually just cancels itself. Then two minutes later its connected but then like 5 more minutes it disconnects again and stalls on the connecting screen.. I have already called sprint and they say there is a nation wide outage for vision and we even tried a reprovision and it still didn't work, but the really odd thing is I remembered my boss has a 700p and she is able to get on just fine.

Any thoughts?
    For the last couple days my phone has tried to re-provision itself for sprint powervision services multiple times. I have just canceled it out and everything works fine.
    Same here, always reconnecting.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Thought it was a cell tower problem here locally, but you guys appear to be on the west coast, and I'm in Florida. I havent had it happen since this AM however.
  5.    #5  
    okay I might have a temp solution if your reconnecting is as bad as mine. Now that I know Im not alone I just did the ##EVDO# and just selected 1xRTT Only option and it has fixed my problem so I can at least keep getting my mail and my phone doesn't freeze up. Just a note though the option will not stick unless you are completely disconnected from their network. Im going to give it a couple more days until I retry the ev-do.
    Same here. had 755p a week now that's the only major prob, the constant re-login is an issue. Did the standard replacement and also jimmied around with the settings and hard resets etc. but still same problem. it starting to feel like a device to network issue. Dear sprint/palm, can I get a patch PLEASE!!!!!
    I might be on to something here. how many of us are useing the stock i.m. ? gonna do a selective restore omiting sprints tired attemp at an i.m. Verichat, are u listening? might be time for a comeback.....
    This has been an issue with me and my Treo 755p since i got it...

And yes I am using either Mundu or Sprint IM.... right now only Mundu is installed... There is a period though that my connection doesnt get cut off overnight... so i am thinking its more a network problem.
    This must be a Sprint-Wide problem. My wife just got a brand new Centro yesterday. When she is at home, she also gets the constant "Provision Vision Warning". But during the day, when she is under a different tower, she gets no warnings.

Sprint must be having some problems with EVDO ONLY on certain towers. Maybe they are upgrading them?
    Mine is acting up even on 1xRTT...
    Maybe it's a different problem. I have had the 755p since it came out, and the phone has never requested re-provisioning until monday. The phone will go all day without the request while i'm at work (about 35 miles from home). Soon as I get home, the re-provision warnings start. The end just as quickly as I get out of that area.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    No problem here with my Treo 755p. Also my wife's 755p is working normally. At work at least 5 colleagues are also using a 755p and nobody has reported any strange Powervision problems. I'm leaving in the Silicon Valley.

I know it's not of great help but interesting nevertheless (had issues in the past like it that went away after a couple of days).

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    No problem here with my Treo 755p. Also my wife's 755p is working normally. At work at least 5 colleagues are also using a 755p and nobody has reported any strange Powervision problems. I'm leaving in the Silicon Valley.

I know it's not of great help but interesting nevertheless (had issues in the past like it that went away after a couple of days).

Cheers.
    Thats exactly what I'm hoping... I just found it strange that people in California, were having the same problem that I was having in Florida -- at the same time... Must be more than the normal a single tower being offline, or bandwidth maxed at the tower.
  14.    #14  
    A senior sprint tech called me last night asking if I was having the same problems and I told her yes so she is going to be calling me today to try some stuff so I will post after I finish the call with her.

btw is has nothing to do with software you have installed on your phone. It is a problem that was effecting EV-DO and txt messaging. I did a hard reset and was still having the same problem.
    Funny you should mention txt messaging... I havent connected the two issues, but now that you mention it everytime I drive AWAY from my home, I get text messages that have been queing up overnight...
    tracer some time back a lot of us were having similar probs in various parts of the country. After a few weeks the problems went away mysteriously area by area.My belief is that it happens when Sprint does things to the towers.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    yup, same here. phone keeps locking up and get the connecting dialog and eventual fail for the past 2-3 days.

i live in yucaipa and work in riverside, ca

close to you syphex
  18.    #18  
    for the time being you might want to try what I mentioned above about setting your phone to 1-RTT only. It will at least keep your phone from locking up and it will just use the slower network until the problems are gone.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    how do you do that. i tried ##EVDO# (##3940#) didnt do anything
  20.    #20  
    okay you have to goto your pref under the system category and then make sure it says connect in the bottom right corner of the screen .. if it says disconnect hit the button so that you are completely disconnected and then go back to the phone app and type the ##EVDO# and select the first option .. once you hit okay and are back at the phone app type it in again and see it the check stayed. If it is there then you are good to go if its not then repeat the first couple steps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast