1.    #1  
    New to this Activesync thing so I have a few a scenario that I wish to incorporate.

I would like to retreive emails only on demand(preferably) with snapper but I could use versamail.

Is activesync the only way to go? I've read about OWA and other stuff however its extremely confusing

Our office setup is Server 2003 with exchange server.

I would prefer no to go with activesync as I do not like the sync with calender/contacts. I prefer Hotsync with Chapura(ability to have multiple folders for contacts)
    First off snapper doesn't have push email. I use active sync and its great. Just know the basics when setting up active sync with either versamail/chatter you will no longer be able to sync your contacts/calender with your hotsync.

You have the right setup with server 03 and exchange but you have to make sure your office has SP2 for exchange installed in order for the Direct push to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundra07 View Post
    I would prefer no to go with activesync as I do not like the sync with calender/contacts. I prefer Hotsync with Chapura(ability to have multiple folders for contacts)
    You are a little confused- which is understandable.

Activesync is the way to go. You can tell it to only sync email and not contacts/calender.

You can still use Chapura or palm desktop for local syncing of calender/contact.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I'm pretty sure regardless of just selecting email only that it doesn't allow you to keep syncing to your other software. When I used chatter that only syncs mail I was still unable to sync my calender/contacts with my destop software. I think as long as direct push is enabled it prevents you from syncing the rest. Could be wrong though, that was just my personal experience.