1.    #1  
    I have an '06 Prius that I've paired successfully with a 755p and 700p up to this point. The Centro does not pair. Anyone have any success? Tips?
    After 8 or so months, never did get my 700p to pair properly with my '06 Prius. It was very hit or miss, mostly miss. After some initial fiddling have gotten the Centro to pair every time now. Sorry can't tell you any secret, don't remember, like I said, just tried it a couple of times.

Keep trying.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Sorry, I have no idea how the Prius BT is setup, but I was wondering if you have both your Centro and Prius set to discoverable. (Don't forget to change to hidden after you are done.)
    Set phone to discoverable, then do the set up on the Prius, which of course requires a passkey be typed into the phone. Just be sure your screen is set to stay on long enough to do through the process.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, beboyle. I've been doing exactly that and things look paired on the Centro side. But the Prius screen hangs on "Connecting". I've also tried making a phone call while in this state (which was required to pair the 650 with the Prius) to "complete" the pairing, but that didn't work. Any other suggestions would be welcome.
    Just pressing any button should make it pair... You have to do this with the 700 and 755 as well. My wifes Centro pairs just fine with my 2007 Lexus GS450h, which has a very similar bluetooth system to your prius.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    Just pressing any button should make it pair... You have to do this with the 700 and 755 as well. My wifes Centro pairs just fine with my 2007 Lexus GS450h, which has a very similar bluetooth system to your prius.
    Thanks for tip...I'm dying to get this to work. Which buttons do you mean by 'any'? On the Prius? Centro?
    on the centro.. just press a keyboard button. Dont forget to set the security code on the prius as well....
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, tracerrx, can you give me a bit more detail (like a step by step). I'm doing everything I should be doing: setting my Prius to 'register' a handset, then going to hands-free setup on the Centro, entering the security code and on the Centro it says the setup is done while on the Prius it still says 'Connecting' and never gets beyond that. At what point would you recommend pressing a keyboard button?
    When I did mine a couple of times it said "connecting... and would just hang. Reset all and try again. Soft reset the phone, and shut off the car. I'll try it again this weekend and see if after, I can walk you through the steps I took.
  11.    #11  
    beboyle, I'd appreciate any help you can give me. I really like this Centro, but not being able to pair with my Prius is a significant limitation.
    I had similar issues, somehow I got it to work. Once I had the prius info in the centro and prius stating that it was still connecting, I dialed a number from the centro. The prius recognized this and stored my centro.
    Just had a similar problem. Had a 650 and 755p and both synced fine with my '06 Prius. Then I got a new BT GPS and after I synced with the new GPS I lost the Treo sync with the Prius. After may tries I deleted my original Prius profile (on the Prius), deleted the Prius as BT trusted device from the Treo. Did a soft reset of the Treo, turned off the Prius and then I turned on the Prius and went through the sync procedure, it worked. ALso note that the passkey on the Prius changes if you already have a profile as does the name of the device. I actually concluded this was a Prius issue and not a Treo issue (for once).
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NADLER View Post
    Just had a similar problem. Had a 650 and 755p and both synced fine with my '06 Prius. Then I got a new BT GPS and after I synced with the new GPS I lost the Treo sync with the Prius. After may tries I deleted my original Prius profile (on the Prius), deleted the Prius as BT trusted device from the Treo. Did a soft reset of the Treo, turned off the Prius and then I turned on the Prius and went through the sync procedure, it worked. ALso note that the passkey on the Prius changes if you already have a profile as does the name of the device. I actually concluded this was a Prius issue and not a Treo issue (for once).
    Thanks for everyone's input. I've tried all of the suggestions but still can't get it to work. Nadler, how did you delete the original Prius profile (on the Prius)...I've deleted the Prius as BT trusted device on the Centro but can't figure out what you mean by that step.
  15.    #15  
    I've posted @ PriusChat and also in the Palm forums, but no one seems to have had any success with this. How do I submit a ticket with Palm so they are aware of the issue? When I go to the Palm support site, it directs me to report to Sprint (but I know that won't go anywhere).
    I had a BT issue with a BT adapter on my notebook. It sounds like its on the Prius end, that's what happened to me. You should read the Prius manual and see what it says. You should start from scratch on both ends since the settings they have don't work. Palm did guide me through my setup over the phone. You could call them after you erase your BT. In my case the notebook saw the Centro but the port number was wrong. I tried all sorts of setting combinations and thought I had tried also tried that. This was for syncing. I imagine the Prius only has a limited number of settings, if any.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks, BCVP. How did you get to talk to someone from Palm? When I try email or calling, I'm directed to talk to Sprint.
    Call the main Palm Centro tech. sprt. toll-free number, I don't have it handy. I'd tell them you're having a BT problem and go from there. You should reset the Prius and Centro if you haven't already so that they are both fresh otherwise you'll continue to be stuck in this loop I think and Palm might not know how to reset the Prius. This is a Palm issue, not Sprint but its really a Prius issue. I'd bring it the dealer or check out the Prius manual. You need to run through the Centro BT setup again too. I'd try these again before calling. Its like a puzzle where one of these setting combinations will connect.
    smug alert!
  20.    #20  
    OK, so I finally got it to work. After the Centro 'completes' pairing, I went into the Trusted Devices list, highlighted 'Prius', and under 'Device Actions' in the menu, selected 'Connect'. Voila!

But calls initiated from the Centro do not get handed off to the Prius. Calls initiated from the Prius do work. I really like this Centro but this BT issue has been pretty frustrating.