1.    #1  
    I have a lot of play in my center button and it seems mushy. Just wondering about others. If I lightly touch it I can "rock" it (see movement). And there isn't a strong, definitive click or anything when I do a regular center push to select something.
    It's certainly not designed to "click". Give it a solid press on mine, and it works fine.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Mine "rocks" I guess but it works so Im not that worried about it.
  4.    #4  
    I'm actually glad to see these responses. Sounds like mine is normal.

Thank you.
    I found my 5-way button to be quite responsive, I do get the positive click, but somewhat sensitive than 700P. It's better than I had expected, and quite satisfied so far. Just wondering how durable the chrome finish is. My previous Treos (both 650 and 700) showed signs of aging after a year worth of clicking.
    mine feels a little mushy as well, if it gets pushed one way for a longer time (like going down a page all the time but not up) it seems to lay a little that way more then other ways. but then it seems to go back to normal after a while.

but it seems the mushy feel is normal ? so i'm not too worried about it
    I thought I was the only one with a "loose" 5 way. In fact now it is so loose it there is a metalic "click" when I gently rock it back and forth... Hope it doesn't get any worse. Sounds like poor engineering to me.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    why does it have to be bad engineering? personally I like the "soft" 5 way pad
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511