Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I noticed today that I have a small imperfection in the built-in protector. It's not a scratch, just a small wave in a spot that's only noticable when the screen is off and at a certain angle. Think I could get it fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    The catch seems to be with alignment.
    and with the potential of pulling up a portion of the Centro screen protector if you try to remove yours because you got the alignment wrong...

but yes I think it's a good addition ultimately.
    The Centro screen protector shouldn't be removable from the outside, I think that's the point and why putting your own on can't cause any harm unless your Centro is defective. The one I have has a strong adhesive but doesn't leave a residue. You need to get the alignment right on the first go. After four hasty attempts one corner is curled a little, there is visible dust and some smudges from touching it. Its much thicker than the one from Palm but you can't tell when its installed and is smooth. I'm not the President, just a client.

I can't see the Centro screen protector being covered under warranty any more than other scratches on the phone from normal wear and tear and use. I also can't see bringing the phone in for service over the Centro screen protector but I wasn't going to go there.
    I just received my Smartphone Experts screen protectors for my Centros - I have four of them on four lines. They are new phones . . . so I figured if applying these would screw up the phone, I could exchange it. So - I applied the protector, and with scotch tape - removed and reapplied it four different times. It came off and reattached just fine each time. Plus this brand of protectors are not sticky on the screen side.

I felt very confident this would not harm the screen - so I applied on the rest of my Centros. I still like the fact of having some protection from sharp objects, fingernails, etc. I highly recommend Smartphone Experts protectors.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by doitright View Post
    I just received my Smartphone Experts screen protectors for my Centros - I have four of them on four lines.
    I got some of these and screwed up the first one. 2 small pieces of lint causing air bubbles. While the screen protector was very easy to get off, the more I messed with it the more lint and air bubbles got on it. I had to trash one of them.

One thing I didn't try was the scotch tape trick for removing it. The only problem is, how do you get the lint removed from the "sticky" side of the protector without adding more lint?
    A piece of tape works wonders . . . and the site says if you get the thing dirty . . . rinse it with water . . . and reapply.

I have never had to do this . . . even on the one I reapplied four times, I did not get any lint underneath. Rinse if off and give it another shot.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...5-43--3193.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by doitright View Post
    A piece of tape works wonders . . . and the site says if you get the thing dirty . . . rinse it with water . . . and reapply.
    I did, I rinsed it off a bunch of times. I guess you have to let it air dry because when I would dry it off with a "lint-free" rag, I got more lint on it.
    It's a protector that you can't replace yourself. The manual states you don't need a screen protector because the Centro comes with one. So what would you do if it got scratched?

Half the purpose of having the screen protector is you can trash it and put on a new one once you wear it out, damage it or what not. They could've just given the thing a semi rigid raised edge so it could only lay in at the right position. Lay the top edge in pressed against the top inside edge of the screen and lay it down. The slim rails would rest against the sides and ensure a perfect fit. Alignment would be much easier with no unprotected spots because your alignment was just a little off. Coming from the factory like that, you wouldn't even have to worry about putting a new one on unless you damaged the original. Sprint could just charge $12-15 for a replacement and do it in five minutes. Let them worry about grains of dust and lint.

And a little compressed air on the screen can do wonders for clearing out lint and dust particles.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    I can't see the Centro screen protector being covered under warranty any more than other scratches on the phone from normal wear and tear and use. I also can't see bringing the phone in for service over the Centro screen protector but I wasn't going to go there.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I removed my Seidio screen protector on my Centro today to reapply and I had no issues whatsoever. Came right up...went back on. No worries.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12