1.    #1  
    When I'm on my home network (Tango in Luxembourg) I have no problem getting online; however when I am roaming in another country, I cannot connect to GPRS, the connection cancels and sometimes says "Can not make PPP connection." I have spoken to my provider a couple of times, and they have no answer for me, the network setting should be the same at home or roaming. It is ashame not being able to get my email while travelling, Does anyone have any suggestions?

I should mention that this is a relatively new problem, last few months, but I have not yet been able to find a possible application conflict. I have tried other obvious fixes such as switching networks while roaming.. and I've searched these forums!

Unlocked GSM Treo 650
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26 View Post
    When I'm on my home network (Tango in Luxembourg) I have no problem getting online; however when I am roaming in another country, I cannot connect to GPRS, the connection cancels and sometimes says "Can not make PPP connection." I have spoken to my provider a couple of times, and they have no answer for me, the network setting should be the same at home or roaming. It is ashame not being able to get my email while travelling, Does anyone have any suggestions?

I should mention that this is a relatively new problem, last few months, but I have not yet been able to find a possible application conflict. I have tried other obvious fixes such as switching networks while roaming.. and I've searched these forums!

Unlocked GSM Treo 650
    Provider problem, not phone.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I figured as much, but I've spoken to them several times and they are mystified.
    -mbd26
    mbd26... this could also be a "plan" problem. Maybe your subscription does not allow GPRS while roaming, or maybe GPRS is only available in certain areas in your plan.