1.    #1  
    Has anyone downloaded this for their Treo? I did and its pretty slow, and when I go to nytimes.com it shows the whole cover, but no text or pictures. When I zoom in it shows text but no photo. Anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks
    I downloaded Opera Mini two days ago as I was curious if it was any better than Blazer. After installing the Java software required to run Opera, the download went well. However, I don't find it to be faster than Blazer and when it opens it scrambles the Palm screens asking if it is OK go online.

I am able to get into Opera and I can read text and see images OK and I can navigate and add bookmarks reasonably well. I like the back button placement as well but after playing with it for a couple of days I uninstalled it tonight.

I find I can navigate quicker with Blazer. Maybe it's because I'm used to it but at least it doesn't mess up the Palm screen pop up windows. Maybe version 5 will be more polished.
    I actually don't mind Mini v4 too much. The betas were pretty much unusable for the sites I visit, but the final version seems OK. The only issue I have is that you wind up waiting a long while for their servers to render the page you requested. I've used other hosted browser solutions like this (anyone else use WebViewer and EmailViewer on J2ME devices?) before, and this one doesn't impress me with it's sluggishness.

Now, once you actually get the page back and are navigating around.. well, that's pretty sweet. You still can't interact with "web 2.0" sites very well, but then I usually use a blocker extension in my browser to save me from that monstrosity anyway.
    SO it's not crashing on you?
    What java version are you using? Settings?

I LOVED It on my T650 but sometime during the many upgrade versions 3... it was horrible and just kept crashing my T650 =(

Any details would be greatly appreciated...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Well, I switched to a 680 when they came out, mostly because I was tired of my 650 crashing all the time and I was looking forward to the 680's bigger memory. And boy did THAT make a difference. Sure, it's PalmOS so I still get occasional crashes. But my "occasional" I mean maybe once in a week, no more than a few times a month... and I used to get crashes a few times a day on the 650. Ugh.

I am using the newer Java VM posted in the last few months (J9 2.2.14 ARM, 20070207_1505_IHsCmV). I left the default VM settings alone. And for Mini I only set the stack up a bit, but only because 1K seemed a little small.
    I'll backup and then i'll try this ONE more time...

THANKS!!
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    I downloaded Opera Mini 4 and tried it. When I try using Opera to download a file it goes to blazer to do the download. Then blazer fails just like it always does for large files.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by fulltlt View Post
    I downloaded Opera Mini 4 and tried it. When I try using Opera to download a file it goes to blazer to do the download. Then blazer fails just like it always does for large files.
    Then skip the browser, retrieve the .prc using a PC browser and hotsync it instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Then skip the browser, retrieve the .prc using a PC browser and hotsync it instead.
    That would require using a PC and hotstink which I never use with my Treo.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by fulltlt View Post
    That would require using a PC and hotstink which I never use with my Treo.
    I try never to do that either. But if you really want to try it, then you do what works... or you give up and be happy. I remember having lots of trouble downloading larger bits with the 650 browser. Another alternative I used was to download PRCs on laptop, copy them to SD and move into NVFS.
    I try never to do that either. But if you really want to try it, then you do what works... or you give up and be happy. I remember having lots of trouble downloading larger bits with the 650 browser. Another alternative I used was to download PRCs on laptop, copy them to SD and move into NVFS.

Im the exact same way, I dont like to do it..

I am using the newer Java VM posted in the last few months (J9 2.2.14 ARM, 20070207_1505_IHsCmV). I left the default VM settings alone. And for Mini I only set the stack up a bit, but only because 1K seemed a little small.
    thanks to your post i realized that my JVM was an old version. 2004. is that possible?

Funny because i boiught my treo just four months ago.

anyway, this version seems much more stable
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    thanks to your post i realized that my JVM was an old version. 2004. is that possible?

Funny because i boiught my treo just four months ago.

anyway, this version seems much more stable
    No, it's no mistake. The 2007 update was the only one since 2004. Palm is, shall we say, pretty slow about releasing updates. In fact, they seem pretty slow about most things. ;-)

But I'm glad to hear that this version is working better.