Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Are you aware of the things your Centro can do without third-party apps?

Here are a few (If you have more, please add to the list):

RECENTLY ACCESSED APPS LIST (Works on Palm OS Treo 7xx, Centro)
    Most people know by now that you can hold down the "Home" button to get a list of your recently opened applications for quickly relaunching them.

9 CALCULATORS BUILT-IN (Works on all Palm OS Treo beyond 600, Centro)
    Open the Calculator program and keep clicking the right arrow on the 5-way navigator to toggle through the 9 calculators (Trig, Finance, Logic, Statistics, Weight/Temperature, Length, Area, Volume, Math). If you exit the program on one of these 9 calculators, the same one will launch when you return to the calculator program. Press the left arrow on 5-way navigator to return to the normal calculator.

GLOBAL LAUNCHING OF PHONE FAVORITES (Works on Centro)
    A few might know that a phone favorite (whether to launch an app, speed dial or open a web site) can be launch from any app if a quick key letter is assigned. Non-Centros require Butler to accomplish this.

TOGGLE QWERTY KEYBOARD'S BACKLIGHT ON/OFF(Dims on Palm OS Treo 7xx, Keyboard backlight goes off on Centro)
    I wager that less people know that you don't need KBLights or KeyShades Hack to toggle the keyboard's backlight. Want to save battery power during the day? Press the Option (white button) + the Menu button to turn the backlight off behind keys and dim the screen. On 755p, this moves merely dims both the keyboard and screen without a 3rd party app.

Powerful Free apps for Centro owners: Essential Palm Centro Freeware Applications
    Last edited by godschoice; 11/13/2007 at 05:12 AM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Proximity likes this.
    In the Instant Messaging app, you can enter your ICQ login info under AIM and it will work (they use the same protocol)
    Thanks for the tips did not know about calculator and back light nice find.

Fred
    the trick with the backlight I can do with my 755.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    On the 755p, this moves merely dims both the keyboard and screen without a 3rd party app.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Thanks for the tips, (cough) I didn't know hardly any of them.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    THE GREEN BUTTON
    The Green button seemly is a useless button; however, it becomes useful in certain applications.

Phone App main screen: Pressing the green button brings up call log screen. After selecting the entry on the list, pressing the green button will dial the number.

Contacts: Pressing the green button dials the selected number on the chosen contact.

Messaging: : Pressing the green button while on a name in the list or while inside a message will bring up the dial dialog window. This avoid you having to search or even know the number of the person that texted you or that you text. It works in all boxes: inbox, sent, outbox, etc.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Navigate to bookmarks ICON during browsing web by pressing SPACE BAR. Simply navigate to left to select a different ICON.

On phone favorites page, select a contact with multiple entries (home, work, etc...) and press SPACE Bar to see all numbers available. Simply select one and dial it.

Are there any other SPACE Bar tricks?
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    On my 700p as well and if I'm not misataken it worked on the Treo 600.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Great topic! I love the spacebar trick for Blazer.
    whenever i click my phone on, the backlight doesnt come on unless i do the backlight trick twice, or i go to prefs>power>brightness and move the brightness bar.

can anyone help me? ive tried toggling the backlight on and off and then sleeping it, but it wont come on by itself
    Quote Originally Posted by z50king View Post
    whenever i click my phone on, the backlight doesnt come on unless i do the backlight trick twice, or i go to prefs>power>brightness and move the brightness bar.

can anyone help me? ive tried toggling the backlight on and off and then sleeping it, but it wont come on by itself
    I had the same problem with a 680. I found a thread with other users reporting the same thing. A soft reset seems to resolve the issue. Not sure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    Navigate to bookmarks ICON during browsing web by pressing SPACE BAR. Simply navigate to left to select a different ICON.

On phone favorites page, select a contact with multiple entries (home, work, etc...) and press SPACE Bar to see all numbers available. Simply select one and dial it.

Are there any other SPACE Bar tricks?
    When you're on the Bookmarks view within the Web browser, SPACE bar will pop up the "Go to Web Page" prompt.
    A few might know that a phone favorite (whether to launch an app, speed dial or open a web site) can be launch from any app if a quick key letter is assigned. Non-Centros require Butler to accomplish this.
    how do we do this?
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    When in phone or calendar: "Menu"/"Options"/"Sound Preferences"/"Manage"/"New"

Tap the "Red" button to start Recording. Button turns Black and Says Recording. Speak loudly near with phone held close to mouth. Tap "Black" button to stop recording.

From here, it let you play it, re-record or Save and Name your sound.

Now just select the Sound you want for say: Phone "Unknown Caller" and wait for a Stranger to Call.
    FastFrank
    They ought to make a sticky of the link here. I posted this awhile back on the general chat, but I think it fits here as well, because almost all of these shortcuts will work on the Centro too.

I just found this link in my bookmarks and realized that most (if not all) of these 650 shortcuts and tips work on my 755. Reading this thread will put you years ahead of finding these things out on your own. One evening just sit down with a pen to write down the ones you'll want to use and read the posts, I promise, if you're new here, you will love the thread, and your phone a lot more.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66709
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post

Er ... it does? This feature didn't work for me until I installed Butler (in trial mode). I'm a little annoyed about the latter since (as a former 270/600/650 owner), I've already paid for Butler twice, and don't want to pay for it a third time. Is there a version of Butler 3.x which will run on the Centro, is does it require version 4.x?

Or maybe someone can explain how to make the above-mentioned feature work without using Butler.

TIA ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    Er ... it does? This feature didn't work for me until I installed Butler (in trial mode). I'm a little annoyed about the latter since (as a former 270/600/650 owner), I've already paid for Butler twice, and don't want to pay for it a third time. Is there a version of Butler 3.x which will run on the Centro, is does it require version 4.x?

Or maybe someone can explain how to make the above-mentioned feature work without using Butler.

TIA ...
    It just works. You set up a favorite and hold down a key to launch.

One caveat: Keycaps 600 disables this feature

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    It just works. You set up a favorite and hold down a key to launch.
    Not for me ... I just uninstalled Butler 4.x and these keys don't work anymore, except in the Phone app. I'm not running Keycaps 600 or anything like that.

They also didn't work before I installed Butler.
  20.    #20  
    Oh it works. Do a HARD RESET (if you have a complete backup) and you will see it does work. Something we added, disabled this feature.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast