Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Yes you can.
    Good Luck
    When in the texting program, if you hold down the center Palm button, the display of smileys pops up.

But this is not why I'm posting.

A few times I've done this, the first smiley is just a heart instead of the plain ':-)' face. And NOT the face with the heart next to it that also displays in the pop-up.. just a big red heart. When I click it it auto-types the ':-)' just like normal. So weird. I downloaded Snap.prc so I can get a screen capture of it, but it has yet to happen again since then.

Anybody else ever get this?

Also, Every once in awhile I'll get a text from somebody that has a little phone icon appearing before their name. I'm pretty sure that just means they sent the message with a callback number attached though.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Here's a question for you all:
    Suppose I want to copy and paste some text or image from the internet to docs to go word - - would I be able to do that?
    As TurboTiger said. "Yes you can." Just highlight the text and hit menu|copy...

Also, I would highly recommend getting FieldPlus to make your cut/copy/paste (and much more) a lot easier. I believe v2.2.3 is the latest version. It only claims compatibility with the Treo 600/650, but it has been working great for me on the Centro as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    As TurboTiger said. "Yes you can." Just highlight the text and hit menu|copy...

Also, I would highly recommend getting FieldPlus to make your cut/copy/paste (and much more) a lot easier. I believe v2.2.3 is the latest version. It only claims compatibility with the Treo 600/650, but it has been working great for me on the Centro as well.
    Thank you, simpler than what I was expecting.

Centro sounds look a nice inexpensive smartphone. Perhaps I'll get it and wait for the Treo Pro to come down in price or get on a GSM carrier (like ATT).
    Ugh, I've had this phone for almost nine months and just today found out that I could retrieve my voicemail by holding down the green button! I've had the 2day program installed since the beginning so I've been using it but this is much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by truspark View Post
    Ugh, I've had this phone for almost nine months and just today found out that I could retrieve my voicemail by holding down the green button! I've had the 2day program installed since the beginning so I've been using it but this is much easier.
    Holding down the green button on mine just dials the last number dialed on my Sprint Centro. I like it that way too as all I have to do is press and hold my 1 key for voicemail.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Wow, I've had the 650, 680, and now Centro and didn't know those first 4 tips! Thank you! I need to pay more attention. Guess I'm so happy with the snappyness of doing things in Garnet that I haven't focused on shortcuts like that. I've always used the menu button to change calculators! My Centro and beloved apps have just became that much better. I will need to read through some more of these posts to find out more!
    The space bar pauses/plays in pTunes. Found that by accident, but it's a real easy way if you need to pause real quick without even looking to talk to someone or whatever.
    Wow, I can't believe this still works but for those of you who want to disable the Auto-Off function and don't wish to mess around with hacks or 3rd party software, the old dot commands appear to still work.

Go to Memos
    Start a new memo
    type s then press the <alt> key to select the shortcut symbol (looks kind of like a script lowercase L)
    then press the <.> key
    then type 3

at this point what you typed should have turned to something like [Disable Auto-Off]

If all went well, auto-off now no longer happens. Then when you are ready for it to work again, go into the Pref panel and change the timeout in the Power section and it SHOULD reactivate (although if it doesn't you might have to reset). I reset my time to 15 sec and BOOM it was active again and I could then reset the timeout to 3min like before.

There are several dot commands I used to use on my III XE but most of them aren't really any use anymore. Google Palm OS dot commands for more information. As always YMMV and use at your own risk.
    I suppose this should be added to the list:

When texting another Palm device, there's a few neat things you can do to alter the font.

The basic layout is this:
    //STEREDFONT//(enter text here)
    This turns your font red.

The other available colors are: //STEGREENFONT// //STEBLUEFONT// //STEGRAYFONT// //STEBLACKFONT// //STEYELLOWFONT// //STEORANGEFONT// //STEPURPLEFONT//

also for formatting: //STEBOLDFONT// //STELINEBREAK// //STECENTERALIGN//

although line break is pretty much useless to the average texter.

All caps are necessary.

You can also use more than one, such as making text blue, centered & bold by putting each desired code in a row without spaces. Kinda obvious, but: if you link more than one color like this, you'll just end up with the final color for your text.

Thanks to member Phwelo for digging this one up!
    Last edited by fstopstigmata; 02/16/2009 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    I suppose this should be added to the list:

When texting another Palm device, there's a few near things you can do to alter the font.

The basic layout is this:
    //STEREDFONT//(enter text here)
    This turns your font red.

The other available colors are: //STEGREENFONT// //STEBLUEFONT// //STEGRAYFONT// //STEBLACKFONT// //STEYELLOWFONT// //STEORANGEFONT// //STEPURPLEFONT//

also for formatting: //STEBOLDFONT// //STELINEBREAK// //STECENTERALIGN//

although line break is pretty much useless to the average texter.

All caps are necessary.

You can also use more than one, such as making text blue, centered & bold by putting each desired code in a row without spaces. Kinda obvious, but: if you link more than one color like this, you'll just end up with the final color for your text.

Thanks to member Phwelo for digging this one up!
    Great info.
    Tks fstopstigmata
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    ....When texting another Palm device, there's a few nea[t] things you can do to alter the font....
    Very cool. Thanks Phwelo.
    I created a couple QuickText's so that they are easy to use (otherwise I would never take the time to use them). It's interesting, if you create a QuickText with only the codes, it will show up in the list of QuickText as a blank line. So I created them with a word after them so they showed up in the list indicating what they were.

For example, create a QuickText like this:
    "//STEREDFONT////STECENTERALIGN//RedCenter"

and it will show up in the list like this:
    RedCenter
    Very good tip.
    Tks
    I got my Verizon Centro yesterday, and I wanted to share this bit of coolness. If it has been covered before, please forgive me, but it is still cool.
    My Centro came with a Sync cable, and a wall charger. Little did I know, the Sync cable charges the Centro while it is plugged in to any USB port. Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post
    I got my Verizon Centro yesterday, and I wanted to share this bit of coolness. If it has been covered before, please forgive me, but it is still cool.
    My Centro came with a Sync cable, and a wall charger. Little did I know, the Sync cable charges the Centro while it is plugged in to any USB port. Great!

I think they refer to that as a slow or trickle charge. Not as fast as a wall charger but a charge nevertheless.

Enjoy your new Centro.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    If I open the calendar during call and I do nothing for about 5 sec, my Centro jumps back to phone app, and I have to reopen the Calendar.

Is there any setting/app which can switch of this feature or lengthen the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by truspark View Post
    I just noticed this really cool trick today. When you are taking a picture of yourself with someone else and the camera is facing you there is a little mirror right about the lens which is pretty accurate in helping center the picture. No more guessing!
    Haha... I always wondered why that "button" did nothing.
    Hahaha, I find it surprising how many people don't know what the self-portrait mirror is.
    Hahaha, I find it surprising how many people don't know what the self-portrait mirror is.
    Why does it surprise you that there are people around who don't have your experience with camera phones -or even "just bought one yesterday"?

Enjoy your feeling of superiority, if you wish, but don't behave like a three-year-old about it!

Regards, Jochen
    Whoa, buddy! Haha. It's just common sense in my opinion, & wondering 'why that button did nothing' is a comical thought. Plus, it's in the manual, but I wasn't gonna go there.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast