Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I just noticed this really cool trick today. When you are taking a picture of yourself with someone else and the camera is facing you there is a little mirror right about the lens which is pretty accurate in helping center the picture. No more guessing!
    Any ideas what is below 'Call Recipient'?
    Add to Contacts
    Mark all as Read
    Delete Message
    Purge
    Message Info
    Chat Info

At least like that in the resource editor
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before and I apologize if it has. And it might be something that anyone would know, but I didn't. I accidentally found that in Versamail, you can press on the right side of the 5-way navigational button to bring up the options to delete an email. Before that, I had been doing the extra steps of clicking on the menu button to bring up the delete option, and the delete option is way down on the list of choices.

I'd never bothered to use Versamail on my Treos because of always hearing negative things about it. I'm glad that I gave it a shot on my Centro because I'm really enjoying using it.
    Or you could just use the backspace key to delete the email.

Also, while in an email, you can use the spacebar to go to the next message or '0' to go to the previous one.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Or you could just use the backspace key to delete the email
    Even better! Thanks ChemEngr!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    in Versamail, you can press on the right side of the 5-way navigational button to bring up the options to delete an email.
    I know about the other options (backspace and space, etc) but I like your tip as it gives you some options all with one move. Great tip, thanks.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    You're welcome RickMG! There are probably a zillion things about Versamail that I need to learn since I've only been using it since I got the Centro.
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but here goes. We all know when you hold the home key a list of 8 previous recently used apps pops up. If you use mchpling and map to the home button under custom activation you can popup a list of 14 apps or customize it with permant favorite apps.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    i think there are pretty more things and tricks we can get with the palm OS. like before, we can show a taxi.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    If you keep pressing the home button, it will rotate between app categories in the app launcher (i.e. "all", "main", "games", etc.)
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    In Blazer, backspace goes back one page, 'n' goes forward one page.
    Thanks for that. I didn't know about this.
    Does the Centro offer any way to "quick type" certain words or abbreviations? My wife has a BlackBerry that has something called Auto Text. For example, if you type il, the device converts it to I'll. Any such typing shortcuts on the Centro?
    Take a look at TextPlus.
    www.smartcell.com

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by joew View Post
    Does the Centro offer any way to "quick type" certain words or abbreviations? My wife has a BlackBerry that has something called Auto Text. For example, if you type il, the device converts it to I'll. Any such typing shortcuts on the Centro?
    Actually the Centro/Treo does this by default. Here's a list of 'auto text' items I got from this forum (enjoy):

acn can adn and agian again ahd had ahppen happen ahve have alot a lot amde made amke make arent aren't beleif belief beleive believe cant can't certian certain cheif chief couldnt couldn't didnt didn't doesnt doesn't dont don't ehr her esle else eyt yet feild field hadnt hadn't hasnt hasn't havent haven't hel he'll heres here's hes he's hows how's hsa has hse she hte the htere there htey they hting thing htis this i I id I'd il I'll im I'm isnt isn't itll it'll itsa it's a ive I've lets let's mkae make mns minutes oclock o'clock peice piece peices pieces recieve receive recieved received recieving receiving sec second secs seconds seh she shel she'll shes she's shouldnt shouldn't tahn than taht that teh the tehy they thats that's theres there's theyd they'd theyll they'll theyre they're theyve they've thier their visavis vis-a-vis wasnt wasn't wel we'll werent weren't weve we've whats what's wheres where's wholl who'll whos who's whove who've whys why's wont won't wouldnt wouldn't youd you'd youll you'll youre you're youve you've
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I really like this thread...there are still some of us newbs out here that really appreciate people being nice!
    Thank you!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Great post.....thanx!!
    Quick question, my Centro is not automatically autotyping. How do I turn this option on?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    I don't know if this has been discussed before but occasionally the Centro (at least -my- Centro) gets in a mode where it won't turn on no matter how many times I hit the red power button or any of the other buttons that powers on the Centro. I used to have to take the battery out to recover from this mode but I recently discovered that you can flip the ringer switch to the OFF position (causing the Centro to vibrate) to recover. This seems to literally shake the Centro awake so it can be powered on using the power button (or any of the other buttons that causes powerup).
    Here's a question for you all:
    Suppose I want to copy and paste some text or image from the internet to docs to go word - - would I be able to do that?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast