Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    neat. I never knew that one. (Email = versamail. not sure about other email apps)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB View Post
    Does anybody know how to disable this feature (on the Centro and/or the 650)? I don't like it because if the green button accidentally gets pressed repeatedly, such as from putting the phone back in your pocket after a call, it will redial the last person you called. This can use up all your minutes, or cause you to be eavesdropped upon. I once left a 15min voicemail of me driving and listening to the car radio (not singing, fortunately!) because of this "feature."
    uhm yea. use the keyguard-

Heres one that NONE of you know...

while in the main TXT screen (one that shows all your txt messages)
    push MENU -S
    hold it for a second u'll hear the 3 beeps..
    then push MENU again ..
    VOLA!
    Secret Menu with options such as FETCH

This works for all Treo's
    also if you plug it into the wall with the included charger it recharges the battery in the Centro!

also, bringing the phone to the ear with the screen facing you and upright, you can hear others while on a call!

I also found that a great way to carry the Centro without the cumbersome clutching of it in hand is to place it in your pocket!

But the best unknown "tip" is placing the SIM card into the sim slot (see directions) to access your cell phone provider!..

please people.... are you kidding me with these "tips", "press the options key and brightness key and the screen will increase or decrease brightness?
    etc etc..
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 04/25/2008 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post

push MENU -S
    then push MENU again ..
    VOLA!

When I do this it takes me to the internet for a sprint tv that gets me an error message before I even get a chance to press the menu button a second time. I get the three beeps, then gone to internet.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    When I do this it takes me to the internet for a sprint tv that gets me an error message before I even get a chance to press the menu button a second time. I get the three beeps, then gone to internet.
    If your -s button is set as a favorite, then it will take you to your favorite option. Otherwise, it will do exactly what he says.

Julian
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post

please people.... are you kidding me with these "tips", "press the options key and brightness key and the screen will increase or decrease brightness?
    etc etc..
    RTFM!!!!!!
    So not everybody knows everything; be happy that folks are willing to share what they feel might be helpful - eventually there might be something even you didn't know... and maybe even overlooked in TFM!

Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    Not for me ... I just uninstalled Butler 4.x and these keys don't work anymore, except in the Phone app. I'm not running Keycaps 600 or anything like that.

They also didn't work before I installed Butler.
    They work as long you're not in an app where hitting a key causes it to immediately start entering text (e.g., Calendar or Memopad). This is the advantage of Butler, and the main reason I keep Butler installed. Butler allows you to use Favorites anywhere.
    Sorry for not checking whether it was posted.

You can select multiple emails by hold down OPTION + down (center navigation button).
    Quote Originally Posted by ralvy View Post
    They work as long you're not in an app where hitting a key causes it to immediately start entering text (e.g., Calendar or Memopad). This is the advantage of Butler, and the main reason I keep Butler installed. Butler allows you to use Favorites anywhere.
    Correct ... this is the behavior that I observe in my Butler-free environment. But I still haven't found enough justification to pay for Butler a 3rd time, so for now I'll continue to live with this.
    push MENU -S
    then push MENU again ..
    VOLA!

This doesn't work on my Sprint Centro either. I just get one beep (I'm assuming to tell me that Menu -S is not a valid option) and then nothing. Could it be that the Messaging application is diferent on the GSM Treo/Centro's?
    Pressng the power button actually turns the screen on. No s**t...it actually works.....

And my Centro actually works without a SIM card. I can make calls and everything. How exciting!!

Please, everybody, some of these tips are new to people and it's not the end of the world to have them re-posted from time to time. Simma down.
    In the phone app, go to the dial pad and press the "Center" button, it displays the last number you dialed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    This doesn't work on my Sprint Centro either. I just get one beep (I'm assuming to tell me that Menu -S is not a valid option) and then nothing. Could it be that the Messaging application is diferent on the GSM Treo/Centro's?

I can't say for sure abou the beeps (I have system sounds turned off) but on my Sprint Centro, I do get the extra menu options if I follow the instruction as laid out (except I count to 3 instead of waiting for the 3 beeps). Did you remember to press <menu> again?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

push MENU -S
    then push MENU again ..
    VOLA!

To clarify, you should hold down both menu and s at the same time, wait for at least three beeps and then release. Then, hit menu again and you should see an expanded menu.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by nerual96 View Post
    To clarify, you should hold down both menu and s at the same time, wait for at least three beeps and then release. Then, hit menu again and you should see an expanded menu.
    Thanks. It is working.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Thanks. It is working.
    What does Fetch actually do? How do you use reply all?
    Has this been posted before? Option + Home goes to the home screen too. This works in programs that redefine the Home button.
    Rex 1 / Rex 3 / Rex 5000 / Rex 6000 / M100 / Treo 300 / Treo 600 / Treo 650 / Centro
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    "Has this been posted before? Option + Home goes to the home screen too. This works in programs that redefine the Home button."

This comes in quite handy with Older POS programs where the hardkeys dont work (PalmVNC, PalmDosBox, etc)
    In Blazer, backspace goes back one page, 'n' goes forward one page.

As for the secret menu in messaging, it seems that the menu is longer than what the screen can display. Clicking through the menu leads me to believe there are 6 hidden options. Any ideas what is below 'Call Recipient'?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast