Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Access Alert "BELL" Symbol

Is there a way to access this without a stylus whenever it flashes?

Yes: Hold down the center "Select" button on the 5-Way to bring up the alert manager.

(Note: This was taken from another post answered by "Treotraveler".
    FastFrank
    Is there a way to access this without a stylus whenever it flashes?

Yes: Hold down the center "Select" button on the 5-Way to bring up the alert manager.

(Note: This was taken from another post answered by "Treotraveler".
    FastFrank
    I just discovered last night that if you plug in the USB cable while pTunes is loaded, the Centro becomes a removable harddrive for file management in Windows Explorer (not sure if this is covered in the instructions). I haven't fully tested this since it was late, but if this works, no need to remove the microSD card for MP3 transfers. That would be sweet.

Chi
    smart reviews for serious gamers
    <A HREF="http://mobile.gamecritics.com">mobile.gamecritics.com</A>
    Quote Originally Posted by GC_Chi View Post
    I just discovered last night that if you plug in the USB cable while pTunes is loaded, the Centro becomes a removable harddrive for file management in Windows Explorer (not sure if this is covered in the instructions). I haven't fully tested this since it was late, but if this works, no need to remove the microSD card for MP3 transfers. That would be sweet.

Chi
    Yeah and if you open Windows Media Player, it shows up as Palm device, allowing easy and simple "drag-n-drop" of albums and playlists...

It's almost as fluid and seamless as iPod/iTunes...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah and if you open Windows Media Player, it shows up as Palm device, allowing easy and simple "drag-n-drop" of albums and playlists...

It's almost as fluid and seamless as iPod/iTunes...
    Moreover, if you set the transfer mode to "MTP" under "Copy from PC preferences", your device, along with the MicroSD, will be recognized by Playsforsure/MS-DRM clients, such as Yahoo! Music Unlimited, which will allow you to transfer subscription music.

Legacy mode will make it appear as an external drive (commonly known as MSC).

Turning it "Off" will cause pTunes to not react to the USB insertion.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    nice..that's good info to know!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Does anyone know where you can get the manuals for the different calculators?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad am i View Post
    Does anyone know where you can get the manuals for the different calculators?
    No, but see my post #21 here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=118558&page=2
    Gray haired palm users know Calc as "Parens". Here is a link

http://www.kaslc.com/ench/palm/doc/parens/ParenDoc.htm

Just google parens and probably find more info
    FastFrank
    I tried the "Options+Menu" trick. Nice. However, it only seems to last until the next time the screen is off, then it goes back onto full power next time the screen is back on. Is that normal, or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700 View Post
    I tried the "Options+Menu" trick. Nice. However, it only seems to last until the next time the screen is off, then it goes back onto full power next time the screen is back on. Is that normal, or am I missing something?
    This is normal...it's great for reading in the dark.

If you want to adjust the brightness and make it permanent, press the option button then the "P" key to bring up the brightness adjustment slider. With the slider, your adjustments will last between power cycles.
    CALENDAR
    This is probably old and in TFM but hitting the Calendar button returns to Today. I've been getting to Today by flipping back and forth.
    Zoom in and out by using side volume button in Google map.
    Thank you. Thank you...Thank you.

That was the only reason (besides a simple alarm) I have Butler.

(Now does anybody have a simple alarm for me?)

Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Oh it works. Do a HARD RESET (if you have a complete backup) and you will see it does work. Something we added, disabled this feature.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    RECENTLY ACCESSED APPS LIST (Works on Palm OS Treo 7xx, Centro)
    Most people know by now that you can hold down the "Home" button to get a list of your recently opened applications for quickly relaunching them.
    Not only that, but if you keep holding once the list pops up, it will return to your last used App. You don't have to move your finger to the PALM button.
    Phone App main screen: Pressing the green button brings up call log screen. After selecting the entry on the list, pressing the green button will dial the number.
    Does anybody know how to disable this feature (on the Centro and/or the 650)? I don't like it because if the green button accidentally gets pressed repeatedly, such as from putting the phone back in your pocket after a call, it will redial the last person you called. This can use up all your minutes, or cause you to be eavesdropped upon. I once left a 15min voicemail of me driving and listening to the car radio (not singing, fortunately!) because of this "feature."
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    (Now does anybody have a simple alarm for me?)
    Were you aware that there's one built into World Clock? (Top-right corner)
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB View Post
    Does anybody know how to disable this feature (on the Centro and/or the 650)? I don't like it because if the green button accidentally gets pressed repeatedly, such as from putting the phone back in your pocket after a call, it will redial the last person you called.
    I love the fact that you can press-and-hold Green to redial without even needing to look at the phone. To avoid accidental button-pushes, just hit the Red button to turn off the device and activate the keylock before you stick it back in your pocket.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    wow lots of good tricks. Thanks guys.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Just found one:

When you are in Email, hold down the email button, it will start sync.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast