1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I am trying to figure out between ZLauncher, Initiate Pro and UltimatePhone which is the best choice.

I want one that is always on, and is mounted to the home key.

Do any of these apply?
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I know that UltimatePhone will launch with the Home key. LauncherX has been updated to that as well, even though you didn't ask about that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I am trying to figure out between ZLauncher, Initiate Pro and UltimatePhone which is the best choice.

I want one that is always on, and is mounted to the home key.

Do any of these apply?

Yes to ZLauncher 5.44 mounted to the Home key.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I like Launcher X, it intergrates nicly but dosen't give your screen to much info. Drag and droping the icons to new tabs makes it easy to organize your programs. I looked at some other and with the screen size of the Centro I found it hard to use, launcher X can be used with your thumb or the 5 way buttons.
    You really need to do a backup of your device and test each of the launchers you are interested in. I use ZLauncher and love it. I have used Launcher X and Initiate, I have not used UltimatePhone. The developer of UltimatePhone is exceedingly good at what he does.

Ben
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    The only thing I need to "back up" are contacts really.

And I have yet to figure out how to do that.
    Backing up contacts:

Well, #1 - a device based backup solution that backs up to the card or
    #2 - On Guard Backup - www.northglide.com and wander around there.

Ben
    Initiate is the best launcher by far IMO. You can launch anything from initiate. The builtin contacts only search by last name. With Initiate you can search by first name or even company. Initiate is especially great if you have 2day too. You can launch initiate by typing while 2day is open.
    I've used ZLauncher for 8 years or so now, it was one of the first aftermarket launchers available for PalmOS. So i'm comfortable with it. It does mount to the home button.