1.    #1  
    I just got my Centro and really need an external antenna when I use it at home. Does anyone know other (older) Treos or other phones that uses the same antenna size?

I tried using a universal one at Radio Shack and it was too big.

Contacting Palm was a bust, because the CSR didn't believe that the back port was an external antenna port.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jul81after; 11/12/2007 at 01:59 PM.
    IDK but wouldn't the spec be listed in the manual or online at Palm? Then you'd know what to look for, even on eBay. Do other Treos, I mean Treos have a port? You'd think they'd be the same but then again the stylus aren't.
  3.    #3  
    I have absolutely no idea. This is my first smartphone. I was hoping to find the info beforehand because I'll have to buy it online.

The manual doesn't list the the port as an external antenna port. Supposedly, the CSR said it was for tech support people to use when sent for repairs. However, all the reviews list it as an external antenna port.
    You might email someone at 3gstore.com. They sell external antennas that give a 3dB boost and should know about the Centro.
    The RF antenna adapter for the Treo Centro is the WA-1037 from www.wpsantennas.com

Click the links below for more detailed information

Test results

Antenna adapter connected to Palm Centro

Laird Technologies/Antenex Distributor
    ARC Wireless Freedom Antenna Master Distributor
    Digital Antenna Master Distributor
    Wilson Cellular Authorized Dealer
    Wireless Extenders / Wi-Ex Authorized Distributor
    I had the same signal problem in my home. I know this my not be the option your looking for but this worked for me. I bought a Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Signal Booster from Amazon.com. You place unit in the center of your home and hooked to an antenna outside. It works GREAT. No more signal problem. You can buy with a 30 day return policy.
    Duel Band $308.52
    GSM (CEL) $214.96
    CDMA (PSC) $225.99
    I have AT&T so I bought the GSM Model. Well worth the money!!!
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Sould be able to find one for $50, $200-300 is to expensive.

Also femtocell might be an option i the near future.
    The problem with the $50 ones, you have a wire from the phone to the antenna unit. For me I don't want that. Also there are 4 cell phone users in my home and this booster supports them all, when used at the same time. This is a personal preference & cost. I choose Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Signal Booster.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Jul81After,
    Just curious, do you have a GSM Centro? I came really close to shucking out the bucks for a Home AND Mobile set up from WPSAntenna just to get better signal reception from my previous GSM Treo. But opted to switch to Sprint instead with a CDMA unit.

I don't think GSM is all its cracked up to be in many areas. Just my observations, ya know.
    Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    WPS- how do you get the Centro to display signal strength? What does the "EC/LO" value mean? Is there any way to determine the channel or band being used?
    Mark Bergman
    We have a full list of the field test modes that we have been able to gather over the years listed on wpsantennas.com. On the AT&T version simply key in to the dial pad the following string: Press #*744625. The signal strength (RSSI Value) is on the first line. To exit, press CANCEL. The range on the Centro from what I could see is upper 20’s is full signal where as lower single digits is weak or no signal.

Field Test Modes for all phones

There is also an application available for phones running windows mobile. In the windows directly look for the file labeled “fieldtest.exe”. This file has pages of information including tower site designation, rssi values, and neighboring tower strength.

Laird Technologies/Antenex Distributor
    ARC Wireless Freedom Antenna Master Distributor
    Digital Antenna Master Distributor
    Wilson Cellular Authorized Dealer
    Wireless Extenders / Wi-Ex Authorized Distributor
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for -
    http://mobilitysite.com/2008/05/vide...l-antenna-wow/
    Does anyone know how to determine what channel a phone is using? I had an in-building booster that provided some improvement in signal, but it no longer provides a signal boost since the analog was turned off. This booster only worked in the lower frequencies. I'm suspecting that AT&T stopped using the lower (800 MHz) channels at the same time as turning off the analog, but I'd like to verify this before I spend more $$ on a new amplifier.
    Mark Bergman
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for -
    http://mobilitysite.com/2008/05/vide...l-antenna-wow/
    does the Freedom Antenna have an adapter for the Centro yet? I was told they don't as of a month ago.
    http://www.wpsantennas.com has the freedom blade antenna with an FME connector and an FME adapter for the Centro that I have been looking at. Part numbers are:

ARC-FB0802R01-FME
    WA-1037

PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I put up an article this evening about my testing of the Freedom Blade. It does seem to increase my signal, thank goodness! I barely had a signal at all here in my office on my Centro. Many times I don't even register one bar and my calls have dropped. The Freedom Blade increased my signal and I haven't had any dropped calls while using it so far.

I'm so glad that companies out there have solutions for those of us with such poor cell signals!
    I ordered this adapter WA-1037 and it didn't fit my Centro. It was too large and kept popping out of the hole. Any other alternatives?

Thanks!!