Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think Palm is going to Post it on their web-site soon or something..there were some more announcements about it being available for other devices.
    The latest version on Palm's web-site is currently 2.0.16
    It's funny how all the press releases are touting this as Nuance's flagship product...etc..

Nuance bought VoiceSignal (who made vSuite) and tried to force everyone to purchase their Nuance Server based Voice Control which was subscription based. I guess either Palm complained or Nuance wasn't getting enough revenue. Now they are finally backing down and coming out with an updated version of the VoiceSignal product and calling it their "Flagship".
    Do you have a link to it?

EDIT
    Treo™ Voice Dialing by VoiceSignal
    Is this what you are talking about? This seems to solve the problem somewhat.

I have one main concern though. If you are using a wired earpice, or even bluetooth, can you justpress the button the the ear piece and it asks "Say name or command" or something similar to prompt you to talk instead of having to take out your phone and actually dial the number? I want to be able to use it while riding my bicycle or while jogging or something so that I do not have to go into my pocket to take out the phone.
    Last edited by profroopchan; 03/27/2008 at 10:19 AM.
    The manual says you can press the button on your bluetooth headset and voicedial a number. I haven't tried it yet as my voicedial is not playing nice with some of my other software and my Centro resets every time I try to open it. I am not in any hurry to have this work so it will have to wait until I have lots of time to remove and reinstall my software to find the particular app that voicedial doesn't like. By the way, mine is an imported Euro GSM Centro.
    There is no software that will let you initiate voice dial from bluetooth with a Palm OS phone from what I have seen. It is apparently a Palm issue in that their bluetooth implementation doesn't allow for it. I saw one work around that involved plugging a bluetooth transmitter into the headphone jack. Then the phone thinks you are using a wired headset eventhough it is a bluetooth transmitter. Of course, that kind of defeats the purpose of buying a phone that is supposed to be bluetooth in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu View Post
    Hello Everyone,

VoiceDialIt 2.0 now supports the Treo Centro.

Please download your free trial at:

http://www.voiceit-tech.com/product.php?product_id=96

Thanks,
    The Support Team!
    Australian version has "Voice Signal" V. 2.00. Is this the same?
    yeah. treo voice dialing. it wouldn't work on my Centro though. unless something has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    yeah. treo voice dialing. it wouldn't work on my Centro though. unless something has changed.
    Works here, but has trouble with my Australian accent.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips View Post
    Interesting, got a link John.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips View Post
    And you installed this from the web-site or it was built-in? If you downloaded it, then where? The 2.0.16 version refuses to run on my Centro.
    It is built in on the European phones and I hear it is built in on the Asian phones. The manual clearly states in a separate "Did you know?" box that it can be activated by pushing the button on a bluetooth headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    And you installed this from the web-site or it was built-in? If you downloaded it, then where? The 2.0.16 version refuses to run on my Centro.
    Came built in to the phone. Australian / European unlocked GSM.
    Ok, finally got my conflicts sorted out. Voice dial definitely works although with some quirks. I am using a Blueant Z9. When turning the Z9 on it will wake the Centro but once it is on the single click of the MFB that is supposed to wake the Centro does not wake it. Once the Centro is awake a single click of the Z9 MFB is supposed to activate voice dialing but does not. The result is that I have to power up the Centro, select Voice Dial which I have assigned to the side button then speak the commands to the Centro. The Centro connects to the Z9 as the call is activated. This is still more convenient than digging through contacts and can be done without undue distraction even when driving but would be that much nicer if it worked properly.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Z9 or other headsets waking the Centro?
    That is the way you've had to do it with Voicedialing on the 650/700 and Centro. You press the button on the side, speak the name, when it starts dialing, then the bluetooth connects and you can use bluetooth. No other way around it, unless Palm fixes the Palm OS, which hasn't happened in 5+ years.
    The HB662 headset that I had with my 650 would wake the phone thus it would only take a press of the side button to activate voice dial instead of power/5 way/side it takes now. I don't know if not waking the Centro is a Centro issue or Z9 issue. Turning on the Z9 wakes the phone which is not necessary at all.

Also, as the Centro manual clearly states that pressing the headset button will activate voice dial I would expect that to at least work once Voice Dial is open but it doesn't even do that. It would be nice to wake the Centro with the headset, push the side button which could probably even be done without removing it from a shirt pocket, then speak the necessary commands.

mogulman is right, probably all wishful thinking.
    I asked Voicesignal about it like 5 years ago with the 650. They said an update in the Palm OS was needed to make voicedialing work correctly using a Bluetooth headset. Palm never came out with it. I gave up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12