1.    #1  
    I have searched and found no dedicated thread on this topic...

I am currently thinking of getting a BT Stereo headset and i was wondering if you guys can help me out.

Of course an important issue is compatibility with SAG.

So far my top 2 candidates are:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...vL._AA280_.jpg
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...KL._AA280_.jpg

I like the Motorolla S9 because its cheaper, and seems to be cooler looking and easier to carry around

I like the Sony DS970 because i of the in-ear design of the earplugs... the noise-reducing effect is important to me because i use this when i study in cafes...

Which would you prefer? Both of these will allow me to speak too right? And if you could enlighten me more about BT stereo headsets. I just got tired of the wires entangling around my neck and inside my shirt... and its safer to use when driving too...

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I have searched and found no dedicated thread on this topic...

I am currently thinking of getting a BT Stereo headset and i was wondering if you guys can help me out.

Of course an important issue is compatibility with SAG.

So far my top 2 candidates are:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...vL._AA280_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...KL._AA280_.jpg

I like the Motorolla S9 because its cheaper, and seems to be cooler looking and easier to carry around

I like the Sony DS970 because i of the in-ear design of the earplugs... the noise-reducing effect is important to me because i use this when i study in cafes...

Which would you prefer? Both of these will allow me to speak too right? And if you could enlighten me more about BT stereo headsets. I just got tired of the wires entangling around my neck and inside my shirt... and its safer to use when driving too...

Thanks guys!
    No, I do not believe the motorolla product allows you to make phone calles through it.

This is the hot new BT stereo headset:
    http://www.plantronics.com/images/ca...voyager855.gif

Plantronics Voyager™ 855 Bluetooth® Headset

I can't find it in stock anywhere.

I use these right now:

http://www.blueant.com.au/BAasset/pr...dset_backg.jpg

X5 Stereo Bluetooth Headset

I selected them because they came with a BT broadcast dongle as this was before Hannip graciously provided a fix to Sprint's cripplng of the A2DP. Oh and call quality is not good with these. The mic sux.

Do note however that stereo BT from the treo sounds tinny. I noticed a big diff between using the broadcast dongle and without it.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    THanks for the reply... I reallly would prefer a small inconspicuous headset though...

That Plantronics headset looks wayyy cool!! i wonder how the stereo sound is though.
    There is a mic in the Motorola S9. But since it way behind the earpiece, they have a hard time hearing you (or at least me.)
    Also there is a issue with these where the controls stop working, probably from sweat. I use them when I run, and I've had to exchange them twice already, and others have reported the same on these pages.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    There is a mic in the Motorola S9. But since it way behind the earpiece, they have a hard time hearing you (or at least me.)
    Also there is a issue with these where the controls stop working, probably from sweat. I use them when I run, and I've had to exchange them twice already, and others have reported the same on these pages.
    That would be incovenient indeed. I have looked through the thread linked here, and it seems like the earphone set that suits my needs is the Sony one (The second picture in my initial post). ANyone with experience on this?

Also, with the feedback from that thread, i get the idea that Bluetooth headsets are not yet ready for primetime... read about slowing down, difficulty with transmitting high bitrate songs, and of course the battery life...

Is it still advisable to get a bluetooth headset with the 755p specifically?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    To bulls96,

I own both the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 and the HBH-DS980. The former I have used for 16 months and the latter since August. They are both great headsets that, to my ears anyway, have good sound quality. The design of the headsets is convenient to use since you can drive and talk on the phone using one earbud and still have the other ear free to hear the surrounding environment. It works great with my 755p and Softick Audio Gateway.

The HBH-DS980's stated improvements are an OLED versus the standard LED, a bit louder sound of music playback even though the 970 is fine, and a more streamlined design of the call handling button and microphone.

I will say that there's an issue with that call handling button on my 980 that Sony Ericsson is addressing by working on a warranty replacement ( a new one ) so I'm back to using the 970 for now.

Do a search in the bluetooth and accessories threads for HBH-DS970 and HBH-DS980 as I have provided a bit more information on my experience using these headsets. And to me I feel they are ready for as you put " primetime. "
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    I have the jabra bt8040, and so far with SAG on my 755P it has been fantastic. Streaming audio, MP3, and phone calls. A lot of buffering when streaming video. But it does say on the box for streaming audio.
    So far when a call comes in while I am streaming I am able to take the call, hang up, and go back to streaming audio without any lock up. The only issue was that I was not able to hang up with the button on the head set. I had to use the 755p's button.
    The sound of music is good, obviously not stereo due to one ear piece. I am thinking of getting rid of my portable xm radio. I really hated working out at the gym with a wired head set. The problem I see now is having to charge the treo 4 times a day. Battery life sucks.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    so far these are supported and compatible headsets listed in the palm website.

Phone Headsets

Jabra BT160
    BT350
    BT500
    BT800
    JX10

Palm
    Ultralight Wireless Headset¹
    Wireless Headset

Sony-Ericsson HBH-608³
    HBH-660

Motorola
    H3
    H500
    H700
    HS850²
    RAZRWIRE

Plantronics
    Explorer 320

LG
    Style-i

Everwin (Sprint only)
    Primax

Samsung
    WEP 200

Gennum (Sprint only)
    nXZEN 5500

You may experience varied performance from headsets not listed above. Range, advanced features and audio may behave unexpectedly.

1 - Unable to end multiple calls or conference calls using headset.
    2 - No audio when redialing.
    3 - Volume adjustment on Treo smartphone does not match headset volume.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(44829)
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    I have the jabra bt8040, and so far with SAG on my 755P it has been fantastic. Streaming audio, MP3, and phone calls. A lot of buffering when streaming video. But it does say on the box for streaming audio.
    So far when a call comes in while I am streaming I am able to take the call, hang up, and go back to streaming audio without any lock up. The only issue was that I was not able to hang up with the button on the head set. I had to use the 755p's button.
    The sound of music is good, obviously not stereo due to one ear piece. I am thinking of getting rid of my portable xm radio. I really hated working out at the gym with a wired head set. The problem I see now is having to charge the treo 4 times a day. Battery life sucks.
    I have been waiting for a Bluetooth to work via mono for audio on a 755p - do you know if this will work for audio with Sprint TV, Slingbox, or Kinoma Player - from your description it seems like it would.

One last question - I wonder it you have a "voicedial" program if that works thru this headset also?

Thanks
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I own the S9, which can be used to make calls.

One downside to using the S9 over the HT850 (or is it HT820?) Bluetooth headset is that the S9 only allows the user to hear the caller through the left ear (mono), whereas HT callers are heard in both ears. Very nice way to hear your caller well without having to ruin a single ear by cranking the volume up too high.

I've never used that other set the original poster mentioned. Is it true they have noise-cancellation tech? I'd love to not have to choose between A2DP and noise-cancellation, as I do when I switch from my S9 to my Jawbone and back.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    ...do you know if this will work for audio with Sprint TV, Slingbox, or Kinoma Player - from your description it seems like it would.
    Yes, Kinoma Player works great with SAG.

Both Sprint TV and SlingPlayer use our software too, so they should work well with it also.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    bulls96 - I've got the DS980 as a Christmas present and concur with what ehosey2 said. They've been great for me (use them just about every day) and haven't had a single problem with them. I use them primarily for A2DP from my Curve and for phone calls with my 700p. Handoff between the two is seamless (e.g. music, call comes in, back to music automatically).

Although I have had multiple headset styles, I personally prefer earbuds and since the DS980s come with 3 sizes of caps, they are intended to fit most ear "sizes". My over-the-ear noise cancelling headphones do a better job of noise filtering, but the DS980 is very effective for an earbud style. My test for that is primarily when I'm riding my motorcycle. They comfortably fit under the helmet and still cut out most of the road noise.

Hope this doesn't sound like a sales drone, but I did a lot of research before I got these and am honestly very happy with them.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I hope everyone knows its illegal in most states to wear a stereo headset in your car while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I have been waiting for a Bluetooth to work via mono for audio on a 755p - do you know if this will work for audio with Sprint TV, Slingbox, or Kinoma Player - from your description it seems like it would.

One last question - I wonder it you have a "voicedial" program if that works thru this headset also?

Thanks
    It works with sprint tv and Kinoma, the onlyproblem is with video. It tends to buffer alot.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!