1.    #1  
    Anyone know of any? I'm hoping for a GPS mapping program for the national park trails in my area and of the AT. Such a thing exist?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Pathaway GPS is a fantastic application for this. Last month, I took a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and used this applications. I either scanned in trail maps or downloaded them from the nation parks web site. I then calibrated them using google maps coordinates. Worked like a charm.

Try it out.

http://www.pathaway.com/
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I was HOPING for a program that had the trails already mapped out. Sort of like a TomTom for hiking trails?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    I also prefer Pathaway though, GeoNiche is particularly ideal for geocaching, hiking, fishing, bicycling, and other outdoor activities. Unlike other GPS programs for PalmOS, GeoNiche is intended for the off-road user.

Try both and tell which you prefer
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    You can do this with PrettyMap also. (prettymap.com).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad