Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Can anyone compare the experience of the Slingbox on the Centro vs. the Treo? Specifically any issues with the smaller screen.

Given Slingplayer can't go full screen, and I since my signal comes from a 16X9 TV through a Slingbox Pro, even on my 700p the actual video picture area is pretty small.

Has this been an issue for anyone on the Centro?

This is important, as from what I see the BT DUN hack doesn't work on the Centro, so there isn't any 2nd option of just watching on my Dell Axim.

(This happens like once a month so, the PAM isn't really an option! )

Thanks!
    I used SlingPlayer on my 700p with my HD 16x9 signal via SlingBox Pro, and I like it BETTER on my Centro -- no issues that I can see.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just interested in which works best for Centro. Not currently using HD at home. Just need input as to what model to buy and ease of set up. Thanks, Lou
    Last edited by louburris; 11/11/2007 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by louburris View Post
    Just interested in which works best for Centro. Not currently using HD at home. Just need input as to what model to buy and ease of set up. Thanks, Lou
    Lou - for simplicity of evaluation, separate your home theater setup (version of SlingBox) from the various players (SlingPlayers on Centro, Mac, Windoze PC, etc.).

That said, recommend you do a Google search of SlingBox reviews for the right box, based on your specific needs now, and down the road. Then once set up, the players will work fine, irrespective.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have used slingplayer on my 700p and now my centro. The quality of the centro image seems much better. Very smooth play back
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    So in this case it appears the increased resolution more than makes up for any loss in screen real estate?
    the picture is vibrant compared to my 750 and it seems to work much smoother.