Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ntroby: Can you confirm your Sync version? Please.

Mine is:
    Auto Version Number: 5.5.7226_sp0.0_Produ
    FPN #: 8L2T-14D544-AD

Really appreciate it so we can confirm if we have the exact scenario.

Thanks.
    I am looking to buy a Ford Edge with Sync. Do any of you know, because the Ford dealership doesn't, if the Treo 650 (AT&T) with be compatible with the Sync?
    How do I check my sync version?

Also, just by accident I discovered another work around.

dial *82 or *67 (unblock and block) before the phone number. When I do this, the car does not loose the connection. I don't need to press anything.

Now if I can figure out a way to make the phone put *82 in front of every number i would be set. I can do it if it's only a 7 or 6 or 5 or 4 digit number using the phone menu on the palm, but not for 10 digit numbers.

*** if you add *82 to your phone number for your contact in the palm, it will then not sync that number to the phone book on the car. It just by passes it all together. ****
    Quote Originally Posted by ntroby View Post
    How do I check my sync version?

Also, just by accident I discovered another work around.

dial *82 or *67 (unblock and block) before the phone number. When I do this, the car does not loose the connection. I don't need to press anything.

Now if I can figure out a way to make the phone put *82 in front of every number i would be set. I can do it if it's only a 7 or 6 or 5 or 4 digit number using the phone menu on the palm, but not for 10 digit numbers.

*** if you add *82 to your phone number for your contact in the palm, it will then not sync that number to the phone book on the car. It just by passes it all together. ****
    On the Treo 700P on Verizon, under the main screen menu, Dial Preferences, you can automatically add a prefix to 7 digit numbers (and others).
    ntroby: I don't remember the exact steps, but it is easy to find... I think it is something like:
    - Menu
    - Settings
    - Scroll down to version? Not sure but it is not difficult to find...
    To check Sync version:
    - Phone
    - Settings
    - Advanced (don't need to select a phone)
    - Scroll down and select the last item
    Auto Version Number: 5.5.7226_sp0.0_Product
    FPN #: 8L2T-14D544-AD

And no, we can't add any * or # to the prefixes, only numbers. So the dialing prefixes in the phone will not help me at *82 to all my numbers.
    ntroby: sounds like we have the exact same Phone+OS+Sync+Carrier. Strange that we have different results.

Your workaround dialing *82 works well. Thanks.
    Last edited by beaglis; 12/28/2007 at 03:36 PM.
    ntroby,
    Thanks for the *82 workaround solution, how did you come up with that???

I've had my Ford Edge Limited for 2 days and it's nice to have been able to overcome this issue so quickly by having your knowledge to draw upon! Now if the Palm OS programmers can just come up with something permanent.

Just a philosophical note; the internet is easy to take for granted, but I would have wasted so much time going through the motions that you and the other posters have been through were it not for the time and effort that you all have taken to share your knowledge with anyone who cares to seek it out!

Thank you ntroby!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Direct from the syncmyride.com website:

Has Ford tested any phones and found them not compatible with Sync?
    Of all phones tested by Ford, there are only a few that are not compatible due to peculiarities in these phones’ applications of the Bluetooth specifications and/or profiles. They are listed below:
    - Palm 755P (firmware version unknown): You will not be able to make outgoing calls through Sync with this phone.
    I found the first workaround by spending about 15 minutes in the car and trying different things. The 2nd workaround (*82) I found because I needed to block my number while making a call (*67) and realized that it didn't try to disconnect me. So then I tried *82 and that worked also.

I'm going to email syncmyride and give them this workaround and see if they can make a patch or something.
    Here is the reply to my email with Ford/Sync
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your effort in finding a workaround to the issue.

Your suggestion of having an option to add a *67 or *82 prefix to
    outbound calls will be sent to our engineering team, though I can not
    guarantee that it will be added in any future updates to Sync. Some phone
    plans without caller ID, though rare, may charge customers extra per use
    of that feature. As for Palm releasing an update to the firmware for
    the affected devices, they are aware of the issue and are working to
    correct it. We have not been informed of any timeframe for when the
    solution will be complete.

To have the prefix on numbers in Sync, as you know, the prefix must
    already be attached before Sync downloads the contact. As you said,
    contacts with the prefix attached can not be pushed with the Beam feature of
    the Palms. If you add the contact to your Speed Dial/Favorites,
    however, it will transfer the number upon automatically downloading your
    phonebook. Therefore, you could add the contacts you use most frequently
    to your Favorites list and edit them to include the prefix. You can
    then download your phonebook again through Phone Menu -> Phone Settings
    -> Modify Phonebook -> Download Phonebook if you don't have the Nav
    system, or Phone -> Settings -> Advanced -> Modify Phonebook -> Download
    Phonebook if you do have the Nav system.

Using the autodownload feature will add or delete any contacts you have
    made changes to since your last autodownload, but it will not affect
    the contacts you pushed manually to Sync.

We hope this addresses your concern.

Sincerely,

Sync Tier 2 Support Center AM
    Last edited by ntroby; 01/12/2008 at 10:33 AM.
    HELP HAS ARRIVED!!!...for Sprint users anyway.

FIX for Sprint 755p!

Palm has an update for the Treo 755p that has fixed the connectivity issues with Ford Sync (Ford Focus).

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html

For me, the update fixed:

- Outgoing calls stay connected
    - Adding contacts (still have to send manually)

There's probably many other improvements, but I was most interested in getting my Treo to work with Ford Sync properly.

Take Care.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    and verizon users still left behind...
    I have a new Mercury Milan with Sync. Unfortunately when I attempt to pair my Treo 750 I get a notice that there is a problem with the Bluetooth Hardware and it will not allow me to pair up. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, how did you deal with it.
    I have a 755p with Sprint and recently purchased a 2008 Ford Explorer and was having the same problem with outgoing calls. I downloaded the upgrade on the Palm website and now it seems to be working perfectly. I haven't used it alot but what I have used seems to be working great.

Just wanted to let you know.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12