1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Is there a free programme that can automatically turn off my treo 680 at night and turn it on again in the morning to save battery. my treohelper can't do that.

thanks
    Well, not free, but Power Hero from hobbyistsoftware.com has the ability to auto on/off after set # of mins, turn on and auto answer, etc.

Designed for battery savings, but great feature set. Well worth looking at it.

just a satisfied customer,

RJ
    RJuhl
    I fifth the Power Hero statement. The link is http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/power-hero-more.php.

Ben
    It might not be quite what you are looking for but I use Blue Fang.

You can configure it to turn on Blue Tooth when you launch a particular app and then turn it back off when you exit it.

I use to turn on BT when I launch TomTom and then turn it off again when I exit.
    I just started using Power-Hero and over this weekend, my Treo went more than 24 hours without a charge, which is a very long time for me. I have the IR and the Bluetooth turning off after a short time and I have the network scheduled to shut off after 11pm at night and back on at 5 am in the morning.

I also look forward to switching the e-mail to every 30 minutes with assurace that the network will turn off after 2 minutes, to really save power. Trying it today.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel k View Post

You can configure it to turn on Blue Tooth when you launch a particular app and then turn it back off when you exit it.

I use to turn on BT when I launch TomTom and then turn it off again when I exit.
    It says that it's not compatible with Treo650.
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...ng/ReadMe.html

Does it work with Treo680?
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by ndy4eva View Post
    It says that it's not compatible with Treo650.
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...ng/ReadMe.html

Does it work with Treo680?

Works on my 680.
    I only use to turn BT on for TomTom and I don't use a BT headset.

regards

K.
  8.    #8  
    Hi guys,

I am using 2playme to turn off my bluetooth. here is the website http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...yMe/index.html

i am using the trail programme so no need to pay. but it will not turn on the bluetooth. i have to do that manually.

I've installed this and nothing showed up ... I went into my handheld and deleted it from Launcher X
    Were you looking in the apps list?

BlueFang shows up in the Prefs list under Communication.
    What's the difference between this and the free application Blue Fang?
    Sorry my fault,

BlueFang = Blue Fang
    Were you looking in the apps list?

BlueFang shows up in the Prefs list under Communication.
    Ah crappp ... thanks.
    Works on my 680.
    I only use to turn BT on for TomTom and I don't use a BT headset.

regards

K.
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.

hehe~ it works great. Little delay but I can live with it.
    Thanks again!!!
    Last edited by ndy4eva; 11/27/2007 at 12:25 PM.
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    If I have Softick Audio Gateway installed, will Power Hero interfere with that in any way?