The phone speaker (the normal one, not the hands free) of my Treo600 suddenly stopped working. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Thank you!!!!
    EAR PHONE SPEAKER NOT WORKING >>got the same problem, plus the mike does not work either, just in the process of taking it apart. there was a thread about this phone (ear) speaker problem and a fix, but i cannot find it.
    i will post it, if i make progress

OKAY, FIXED THE PROBLEM.
    PIECE OF CAKE: YOU NEED TORQUE #5 SCEWDRIVER. 1. TAKE OUT SIM TRAY. 2. REMOVE 4 SCREWS ON BACK, TAKE OUT ANTENNA. 3. STARTING ON THE TOP AND SIDE, PRAY OPEN THE CASE WITH YOUR FINGERS LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE, WORK DOWN YOUR WAY CAREFULLY. 4. TAKE BACK OFF, REMOVE 2 MORE SCREWS HOLDING THE MAIN PCB BOARD AND FLIP IT TO THE RIGHT SIDE. 5. YOU NOW SEE THE EARPIECE WITH 2 SPRINGS, HOLD IT DOWN AND STRETCH EACH SPRING ABOUT 1/8 (2-3MM) OF AN INCH WITH A TOUTHPICK OR SMALL PLIERS. REASSEMPLE.
    (I OHMED THE EARPIECE TOO, TO BE SURE, IF YOU DO SO USE A HIGH RANGE RESISTANCE POSITION TO MINIMIZE THE LOAD CURRENT)
    GOOD LUCK.
    IF THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. I MIGHT DO IT FOR A SMALL FEE
    Last edited by pean; 12/01/2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: TO SOLVE THE ISSUE
    This has been discussed in this forum. I've actually done this. Search for "earpiece" in this forum and you can find DIY instructions on opening the case and fixing this issue. The fix is exactly how pean described. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!