1.    #1  
    I just bought a Seidio 1300mAh battery for my Treo 680.
    Per the instructions, I charged the battery up, then let it run completely out (in order to condition it).

Here comes the problem Ė it wonít charge back up.
    Iíve tried charging it with a USB cable from the computer, as well as directly from the A/C adapter into the wall. Iíve also tried charging the battery in an external charger (cradle) separately from the phone.
    In all cases, when I insert the battery into the Treo, the Palm logo comes on for about 5 seconds, like itís starting to boot up. Then the screen goes blank, and the phone is completely unresponsive. None of the buttons do anything.

The strange thing is that the stock Palm battery that came with the phone is now exhibiting this same behavior.

I also have a Seidio high-capacity battery (2400mAh), and this is working fine.

Any advice you have would be appreciated - I'm getting tired of living with a thick Treo!

Thanks much.
    contact seidio'd customer service. I have found them to be pretty responsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by luminous flux View Post
    I just bought a Seidio 1300mAh battery for my Treo 680.
    Per the instructions, I charged the battery up, then let it run completely out (in order to condition it).

Here comes the problem Ė it wonít charge back up.
    Iíve tried charging it with a USB cable from the computer, as well as directly from the A/C adapter into the wall. Iíve also tried charging the battery in an external charger (cradle) separately from the phone.
    In all cases, when I insert the battery into the Treo, the Palm logo comes on for about 5 seconds, like itís starting to boot up. Then the screen goes blank, and the phone is completely unresponsive. None of the buttons do anything.

The strange thing is that the stock Palm battery that came with the phone is now exhibiting this same behavior.

I also have a Seidio high-capacity battery (2400mAh), and this is working fine.

Any advice you have would be appreciated - I'm getting tired of living with a thick Treo!

Thanks much.
    If you're having the same issue with your stock battery than I would say it's a phone problem, but I'll be happy to switch out your battery if you'd like to try that. Please email your contact info and original order number to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for your response.

I agree that it would seem to indicate a phone problem, but since it started with this new battery, I would like to try swapping that out.
    Also because it's a brand new (replacement) Treo from AT&T, which I haven't had issues with until this new battery entered the picture.

Just spoke to people at Seidio and the Treo Central Store (where I bought the new battery), who gave me the instructions for returning it.

Just so I'm clear - is that correct that in order to condition the battery, I should let it fully run out, ignoring all the warnings, until it's completely dead? Or could that have been the problem - that I let it drain too far, to the point where it won't receive a charge?

thanks again for your support!