1.    #1  
    Let me start off by saying that my company has a valid Good Server and I have a valid PIN. However, their tech support contract has lapsed.

I have a WM6 Pro phone (Sprint Touch). I tried to do the OTA installation and after I entered my e-mail address and PIN I get a message that says my device is not supported and the install shuts down.

I did manage to download the full client software from the Good website (PPC5) that was designed to be installed from a flash drive.

Is there a way to get my e-mail and pin into this software that is now on my phone so that I can use it?

My company is on the west coast and I am on the east coast, so they really can't easily help me.

Thanks,

Scott
    Oooh, this is an interesting one... largely because your device doesn't have a keyboard.

Right off the bat... not supported officially by good. Maybe with the MR1.

However, if you feel adventurous, once you run the flash install, it will prompt you for the username and PIN.
  3.    #3  
    Luckily the IT guy at my company managed to do something on the server that allowed me to get the software installed.

I have it up and running without a problem, which I am happy about. If I couldn't get Good to work, I would have had to return my Touch and go with a BlackBerry, which I didn't really want to do.

Thanks for the advice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    Oooh, this is an interesting one... largely because your device doesn't have a keyboard.

Right off the bat... not supported officially by good. Maybe with the MR1.

However, if you feel adventurous, once you run the flash install, it will prompt you for the username and PIN.
    Darthkim,

Just thought I would let you know how great it is to have you contributing to these forums and this one in particular. I regularly poke around in here and am amazed at how often you offer support to the users here.

We are lucky to have you. If it wasn't for the likes of you and others like you I am not sure where I would go for support.

Keep it up.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Heh. Thank you for your kind words. Glad to be of some help. I wish I had more concrete answers at times...

I am glad to be able to contribute something... I have myself, gleaned much from this forum. Even from conekkted's posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    Heh. Thank you for your kind words. Glad to be of some help. I wish I had more concrete answers at times...

I am glad to be able to contribute something... I have myself, gleaned much from this forum. Even from conekkted's posts
    I am a big fan of Conekkted too. He/she is awfully cynical and won't hesitate to slam GMM and GoodGuy but his or her input is as good as anyone's and is always good for a chuckle.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB