Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    755p
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Go with the 755p. I have had them all and the 755p is a better phone.

But......Out of all of the palm phones the Centro has been the best palm device i have ever owned. Although it has many of the same features as a 755p it runs better.

The size is great. I fell like I have a regular sized phone now and is much more comfortable in my pocket.

I got my Centro as a free upgrade from a 755p. Just ask sprint and they will probably give you one.
    Confused. 755 costs more than a Centro, thought the Centro was entry-level. But sometimes a cheaper model works better than a company flagship.
    go for the 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry View Post
    Confused. 755 costs more than a Centro, thought the Centro was entry-level. But sometimes a cheaper model works better than a company flagship.
    Basically the same phone, just in a smaller package.

Centro is not a cheap phone, its cheap with the promotions going on, but if you buy it outright it is $399
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry View Post
    Palm basically built a better 755p with the centro. Check out the Centro reviews as well as forum posts.

I just love the size. It is easy to type on. It feels like I am holding a regular phone with the power of a 755p. It does not become uncomfortable in my pocket like my 700p and 755p did.

The only drawback is the battery size. The centro is a smaller phone so it has a smaller battery.

Go to a sprint store and play with one so you can decide.

Good luck
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    The Centro has a few advantages, mainly the software packages that should have been in the 755 and a slick look.

But I found the keyboard terrible (the bottom lip around the device makes the lower buttons really tough to use), and the battery life and screen size are a huge downgrade to me. Also, it uses yet ANOTHER flash card format- MicroSD/Transflash.

But if size is your #1 buying factor above all others, then the Centro may fit the bill for you. Otherwise do some serious side-by-side comparison of the 2 devices (especially compare keyboards) before signing up for that 2-year contract, as dumping it later may be much more expensive than the $99 teaser price of the phone.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12