Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Looks like deja vu with this release. If I remember right, the last couple updates from ZZTechs put a big hit on the 'hede' which they later fixed. Same thing here. Running 5.44 with the DBCache plugin I get 4 sec. on Palm Internals. With 5.45, it shoots up to 75 sec. and I get the 'hede' notice. I had this same problem before.

5.44 with the DBCache plugin works pretty much flawlessly. Not sure of the benefits of 5.45, but I know it's not worth it for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Well, zlauncher 5.45 is officially out of beta. Having ZLPluginDBCache set to "Auto" does seem to speed my Treo 700p

http://www.zztechs.com/product.php?prod=ZLauncher

Update:
    12/17/2007 ZLauncher v5.45 released
    Fixed the sound looping problem on Treo 680 and Treo 700p when the screen goes black.
    Provided a solution for user to stop ZLauncher from launching in case of the error problem after reset the device.
    Added a plugin called ZLPluginDBCache which you can view, free DBCache. This plugin is only can be used on NVFS, and especially useful for TX, you can find it in the download package of ZLauncher. This ability is to enhance the performance on NVFS.
    Fixed a bug that the newly installed applications are not showing up under ZLauncher, but can be found under the default launcher.
    Fixed a bug that ZLauncher exits to the default launcher when pressing the Home button after reinstalling ZLauncher.
    Improved the file manager with more filter options. Quick locate to the specific type of database.
    Drat, they must be MANUALLY changing that or something.. They fixed it in the beta! Doh.
    Is the bluetooth plug in supposed to change colors to refelect the bluetooth status? When I put it in my top bar it just stays as a white button with the bluetooth design in blue. When I connect to a bluetooth it doesn't change to blue button with white outline.
    How does Z work when it comes to moving programs that need to be on the device to the card? How do I do this?

ET
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    How does Z work when it comes to moving programs that need to be on the device to the card? How do I do this? ET
    Its easy. Within zlauncher, press and hold down the particular application. When the pop up list appears, select move to card. It will automatically make a shortcut and move the app and its databases. This is one of the reasons zlauncher is amazing not many launchers can do this correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Is the bluetooth plug in supposed to change colors to refelect the bluetooth status? When I put it in my top bar it just stays as a white button with the bluetooth design in blue. When I connect to a bluetooth it doesn't change to blue button with white outline.
    Sorry, the icon has always been static. It only provides quick access to the Bluetooth or Sound pref panels.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Looks like deja vu with this release. If I remember right, the last couple updates from ZZTechs put a big hit on the 'hede' which they later fixed. Same thing here. Running 5.44 with the DBCache plugin I get 4 sec. on Palm Internals. With 5.45, it shoots up to 75 sec. and I get the 'hede' notice. I had this same problem before.

5.44 with the DBCache plugin works pretty much flawlessly. Not sure of the benefits of 5.45, but I know it's not worth it for me right now.
    FWIW, if you uncheck the "Default Launcher" option in ZL prefs, it removes ZL from hede completely. Downside is that when you exit an app like Butler you'll return to the Palm Launcher. My home button is mapped to ZL, so with one press, I'm back in ZL. Works for me.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Mine changes. It's a little white oval with the Bluetooth symbol inside. When it's connected, that's it. When it's not connected, there's a red slash through it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Sorry, the icon has always been static. It only provides quick access to the Bluetooth or Sound pref panels.
    I sit corrected - you are absolutely right.

In summary:
    BT is on but not connected - Phone:white on blue BT logo, ZL:blue on white BT logo
    BT is on and connected - Phone: blue on white BT logo, ZL:blue on white BT logo
    BT is off - Phone: white on gray BT logo, ZL:blue on white BT logo with red slash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    I sit corrected - you are absolutely right.

In summary:
    BT is on but not connected - Phone:white on blue BT logo, ZL:blue on white BT logo
    BT is on and connected - Phone: blue on white BT logo, ZL:blue on white BT logo
    BT is off - Phone: white on gray BT logo, ZL:blue on white BT logo with red slash
    Ooh...that's a start. At least I can tell at a glance if I have it turned on now. But I really, really would like to see the changing of the icons so you can tell if it is actively connected to a device. I'm pretty sure that red slash is new. I don't remember seeing it before this version.

Thanks Cascade for the information, and thanks tomvb2000 for spelling it out!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    The slash has been there since at least 5.44 or which ever version allowed toggling bluetooth.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Where can I get the BT plug-in? I read somewhere it's in the original DL...If so I can't find it.

I LOVE Zlauncher!!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    Where can I get the BT plug-in? I read somewhere it's in the original DL...If so I can't find it.

I LOVE Zlauncher!!!

It is a plugin. You can find it in ZL545.zip>Plugins>ZLPlugins>ZLPluginBluetooth.prc
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234