Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My quicklaunch quit working when holding down the home button. Anyone else? I am running beta 3.
    Last edited by adjmcloon; 11/26/2007 at 07:23 PM.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Still works for me.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Don't laugh, I was using Sliver Screen for a launcher. Liked it a lot but it really lacked in a lot of ways. Because of this thread I down loaded Z and really like it. Thanks guys.

ET
    I just deleted the beta and went back to 543 and quicklaunch is working again. Bummer, I was really enjoying the beta!

Under both beta 2 and 3 it would just cycle through the home screen when holding down the home button, and won't pause and bring up the quicklauncher.
  5.    #45  
    Did you check your QuickLaunch settings? It may be that somehow the install of the new beta changed a setting? Might be worth reinstalling and checking.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Don't laugh, I was using Sliver Screen for a launcher. Liked it a lot but it really lacked in a lot of ways. Because of this thread I down loaded Z and really like it. Thanks guys.

ET
    Silverscreen was the first launcher I bought . . . to go with my Handspring Visor Prism. That's about where the software's technology is today still!
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I checked the settings...I'm not sure what the deal is. It works using production 543 and the settings are the same. I do have LudusP installed, but I'm only using it to re-map the green button to menu, not the home button. I disabled it and QL still didn't work.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Another update 5.45b3.1. Still doesn't clear my cache and also prevents Launch Anywhere from launching. Now I'm beginning to wonder if they are actually testing it themselves.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  9.    #49  
    Yep, and I submitted another bug report.

And got this reply:
    According to the consultation from our developers, the ZLPluginDBCache works depending on the device itself. And the cache could be increased by running other applications.
    On some NVFS devices, cache increased very fast, and this plugin would be
    useful, such as TX. But on some other devices, the plugin might not take
    the obvious effect.
    So while it isn't as pretty or possibly as fast, the b1 version of the plugin does work on the 700p.
    Last edited by wellsjs; 11/28/2007 at 08:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Same response I got. Doesn't explain why my cache still drops to 3meg when I have it set to clear at 8meg.
    I downloaded the latest zlauncher 5.45b3 to give it another chance with all things being the same I removed megalauncher reset my device and set zlauncher all the way up started running all my apps *see reset troubles in the treobits forum for the list of apps and my device ran much much slower than it ever did with megalauncher now I have had zlauncher for a really long time and I have loved it but the simple fact is it is unstable and slows down the device considerably for example I ran the nintendo emulator that ran perfect with megalauncher it ran in slow motion with zlauncher and by the way I did set zlauncher to clear cache at 8mgs still slow to run anything from zlauncher sorry guys but megalauncher wins if you have a lot of apps and need a lot of dbcache free
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Silverscreen was the first launcher I bought . . . to go with my Handspring Visor Prism. That's about where the software's technology is today still!
    Man I remember Silver Screen. Was my Launcher also on my Prism. They never updated the software and it went from being the best 6 years ago or so to being not relavent anymore. Sad . i emailed them in the past about updating and I never got a reply. I have been using Zlauncher for the last few years. the best .
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by staplesjohn View Post
    I downloaded the latest zlauncher 5.45b3 to give it another chance with all things being the same I removed megalauncher reset my device and set zlauncher all the way up started running all my apps *see reset troubles in the treobits forum for the list of apps and my device ran much much slower than it ever did with megalauncher now I have had zlauncher for a really long time and I have loved it but the simple fact is it is unstable and slows down the device considerably for example I ran the nintendo emulator that ran perfect with megalauncher it ran in slow motion with zlauncher and by the way I did set zlauncher to clear cache at 8mgs still slow to run anything from zlauncher sorry guys but megalauncher wins if you have a lot of apps and need a lot of dbcache free
    In ZL Preferences / General tab, make sure you have the "Update App Info:" set to "Memory" and NOT "Memory and card." Makes a big difference.
    bud I did everything even using uncache and udmh to improve performance I have a lot of apps probably more than almost anyone and I realize that this can cause problems but with megalauncher installed I have had very few resets and with zlauncher it runs slow and is unstable with any setting I've tried but thx that did a little when I changed that setting about 6 months ago
    Mobileplay,MyTreo,Quick Tour,Xpress Mail,1st AID, 3jam Reply,4cast,4INFO, 6th Gear,Adobe,Agendus Mail, Agendus Pre,Alien Terrain, AnotherBall,Antivirus, Applications, Audio Gateway, Backup,Backup, Ball Rush Aqua,BeamWare, Bejeweled!, Bejeweled2,BlackJackStrip,Bluetooth,Bombel,Bookmarks,Bowling, BSMobile, BTKeybd,BtSerial Pro, Bucky, BugMe! Busker, Butler,Calc,Calendar, CalenNotes,Camera,CardInfo,CardReade,ChangeName,ChaserL7,Chatter,Checkbook,Chuzzle,CleanData,cleanPr efs, Cleanup,ClickDeluxe, ClickoMania3,ClipPro, Clock, Contacts, Converter,CopyIt, CorePlayer,Crash, DALauncher, DataViewer, DataVizTech, Debug, DialByPhoto,DiddleBug, DiddleSnap,Dir Assist, Documents,Doodle, Downloader, Earthcomber, EggsHam,Email,Enigma, Erotic A22,Exact II, Explorer,Express,EZBuy, Fallen,Falling,Favourites, FileZ,Fireworks,FlashLight, FlightStatus,FolderFollies, Freecell,Freedom,Genius!, GetDocs8,GetGood, GetSportz,GlimrMail, GoogleMaps,GrxViewPro, HandyShpr,HandZipper, Hanoi, Hearts,Hi-Launcher, HoldemHigh,HotSync, iambicStore, IBM Java VM , InboxToGo, InHand,Jumps, Keyboard,Kinoma,KwikMaps,LAInstaller,Legacy,Lemmings,LGet, Lines,Madden '05,Mage's Maze SL,Marbles2,Matrix, Maximus, MegaL,MemInfo, Memos, Messaging, MetriCalc,MicroQuad, Minuet Browser, Mirror, MMPlayer,MobileWrite, MobiTV, Moon Intruders, MovingBoard,mtrvl,Mundu Im 4.0.0,N-Pass,NesEm, Network,NG Undo,NinerJot, Opera Mini 4 beta, P-Expense, PacDude100, Palm Insider Pro, PalmPDF, Panzer7, Par 3 Golf, Par 72 Golf, Patience, PdaNet, PH BT Toggle, PH IR Toggle, PH KBL Toggle, PH Phn Toggle, Phone,PIC,Pics&Videos, PilotSnake,Pinball,Planet Invasion,PocketBo,Power Hero,PowerRUN,Prefs, Prison,ptelnet,pTunes, Puzzles,Quick News,Rats & Spears,RescoView,Reset Doctor,RLock,RocketCHU, Round Up,ScreenShot,Sea War, Security,SharkCache, SIM Book,SIM Srvcs, SIMNotify,SkyForce Snake, Snap!, Snapper, Softick Cache,SoftReset,Sol Poker, Solitaire, Solitaires,Sounds, Spades,SplashPhoto, StabilityTest,Super List, SWBreak,TacTic,TankWar, Tasks,TCPMP,Technician, Test,TextPlus,Trace, TrackerDog, TreoCalc, TreoMemo,TriConnect, TS-WOF,UDMH,UnCache, Universe,URL PRO,USB Fix, Vexed,Video Jigsaw, VideoPoker,Voice Memo, VolumeCare,vPoker,Web, Web Pro,WebViewer,Wired Car Kit,World Clock,Xiino, Yahtzee,Zap!2016,Zion, ZipCodesUS,Zotes
    because I believe that this list of apps is why zlauncher has so many problems for me not sure why megalauncher does so much better any suggestions would be cool though I've tried most configs
    Quote Originally Posted by staplesjohn View Post
    because I believe that this list of apps is why zlauncher has so many problems for me not sure why megalauncher does so much better any suggestions would be cool though I've tried most configs
    I don't have quite as many programs as you, but I do have quite a few and ZLauncher is not as slow as you say it is..

http://webgui.theblackmoor.net:8082/...o-applications

How many apps per category, and what settings do you have for top, bottom, transparencies, etc? Adding transparency to *everything* makes it quite a bit slower. I add some to the top and bottom bars.

Another big difference is plugins. If I have the bluetooth, sound, weather, and dbcache plugins all shown in a bottom or top bar, it's quite slower. I now just have the dbcache and bluetooth plugins shown and I don't notice it's any slower than without 'em.
    I made more categories to avoid this problem now with plugins I made a plugin catagory called today to display these now I did a experiment lat night which put me in a reset loop it speeds up zlauncher quite a lot but caused a hard reset putting zlauncher under udmh which palmpowerups shows you can do but I kind of figured putting a launcher in udmh was not a good idea
    Putting ZLauncher in a hacky thing like UDMH just sounds like a bad idea.. I guess it obviously was.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Well, zlauncher 5.45 is officially out of beta. Having ZLPluginDBCache set to "Auto" does seem to speed my Treo 700p

http://www.zztechs.com/product.php?prod=ZLauncher

Update:
    12/17/2007 ZLauncher v5.45 released
    Fixed the sound looping problem on Treo 680 and Treo 700p when the screen goes black.
    Provided a solution for user to stop ZLauncher from launching in case of the error problem after reset the device.
    Added a plugin called ZLPluginDBCache which you can view, free DBCache. This plugin is only can be used on NVFS, and especially useful for TX, you can find it in the download package of ZLauncher. This ability is to enhance the performance on NVFS.
    Fixed a bug that the newly installed applications are not showing up under ZLauncher, but can be found under the default launcher.
    Fixed a bug that ZLauncher exits to the default launcher when pressing the Home button after reinstalling ZLauncher.
    Improved the file manager with more filter options. Quick locate to the specific type of database.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast