Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To type ~ press alt and you'll see a keyboard. Then go to the 123 numbers section and you'll see it there.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    The Alt key is disabled with Opera Mini 4.

That means I have no way to enter those URLs with a ~ (tilde).

Any suggestions?
    I think the problem is with Java VM. Could someone running other Java app beside Opera Mini 4 that has an input box verify this?
    For the irony file:

On my Treo 700p with the latest version of Opera Mini, when I navigate to www.treocentral.com and try to select the "Discussion" tab, nothing happens, so I can't get to this forum that way. None of the other tabs work right either and sometimes two tabs get highlighted together instead of just one.

Sure I can workaround by navigating directly to discuss.treocentral.com, but its still pretty lame that none of those tabs work right.
    This browser has some advantages, and I really want to use it. However, the only way I can use out of "mobile" mode it is if I turn off images. If a page has several good sized images, it resets my Treo 650. At the bottom it says the page is 56Kb, which shouldn't be a big deal, but when I scroll down to see the images, my Treo resets. This is with the image quality set to "Low". I have tried all kinds of combinations in the Java VM settings, but nothing seems to work.

It is, however, working fine in "mobile" mode, as far as I can tell.

Has anyone been able to get Opera Mini 4 to work reliably on a Treo 650 outside of "mobile" mode with large pictures on the page?

edit: My phone just froze on an eBay page with lots of pictures (65Kb page size) in "mobile" mode, so the problem is not limited to the other mode.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Anyone know how to view animated picture like a weather radar loop. I cannot get Opera 4 to loop pages like this one.

http://fltplan.com/AwMPToNewWx.exe?C...=PILOT&end=end

A quarter of the way down down, there's a national map that won't loop on Opera, but will on Blazer.

Thanks
    First off, which version do I download? They don't show one for Centro:

http://www.operamini.com/download/pc/palm/

I figure one for a Treo would work, but which Treo?

Also, where can I get the current/correct version of JVM? The link posted on this thread is no longer valid.
    JVM 5.7.1 or JVM 5.7.2 is better for Opera?
    I just downloaded the 4.1 beta. Thoughts to come...
    I never found much of a difference, neither is really stable. Ben
    The latest release (beta) is almost completely stable with the settings I have compared to the last released version of opera4.

Plus I found out how to copy n paste!
    yes, the cut/paste does work. I spent lots of time playing with the buffer, et cetera - stable, better, but still not up to what it should be, especially after heavy usage.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    yes, the cut/paste does work. I spent lots of time playing with the buffer, et cetera - stable, better, but still not up to what it should be, especially after heavy usage.

Ben

Agreed.

It still freezes after prolonged use. about 30 minutes give or take for me. So I usually just exit every 15 minutes or so to something else.

I still hate the fact that in full page mode it blurs everything out. Makes no sense to me. Unfortunately Its better than Blazer for larger web pages, especially ones with alot of pictures.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogMike View Post

Also, where can I get the current/correct version of JVM? The link posted on this thread is no longer valid.

My question as well???
    Anyone?

Thanks in advance!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat1 View Post
    My question as well???
    Anyone?

Thanks in advance!!!
    I believe mytreo.net has it. Do a search in their downloads section for "jvm" and you'll be able to find it.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    The latest release (beta) is almost completely stable with the settings I have compared to the last released version of opera4.

Plus I found out how to copy n paste!
    So what is the secret? How do you copy and paste in Opera mini? (Using Centro here.)
    Theres no secret.

You copy ur web address.
    1.open opera mini
    2.tap the web address box twice
    a list will pop up of all the visited sites
    3.at the bottom of the list tap insert symbol
    4. an enter address box will open
    5. hit alt to bring up the keyboard.
    6. hit menu then "P" for paste and voila!

Kinda lenghty but still faster then waiting for Blazer to load.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Theres no secret.

You copy ur web address.
    1.open opera mini
    How do you copy from WITHIN Opera? The instructions you gave appear to work for pasting but not copying.
    Unfortunatelly you cannot just highlihgt text on the web page you are viewing. That is very unfortunate since that is what most of us want to do. The only time you can copy within opera is when you are in a text screen. Like when you post a reply here on the forums using operamini.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I've successfully installed JVM (VM version J9 2.2 ARM). It works fine and I can use some other apps.

I downloaded OperaMini V4.1 (PRC for T680). It starts installation, shows progress bar, but it gets stuck in the first 20%.

I tried downloading directly JAD version http://mini.opera.com/download-4/ope...vanced-int.jad

but it ends-up with the same result.

I finally downloaded V3 http://mini.opera.com/download-3/ope...-basic-int.jad and it works.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks, Kreso
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12