Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Ok, here is the scenario.

    I had pictures and videos on a Treo 650. They were stored to phone and not a card. I tried to sync the phone and it said there was not enough space to sync so I had to clear out some apps. I deleted some apps and then the phone synced perfectly. Except, when I deleted some apps it must have taken the pictures and videos with it.

    The pictures are no longer in the phone nor are they in a palmone picture folder nor are they in the palm program file.

    The videos were really important and I wish there was a way to get them back. Can I buy some software to recover them? Can someone at the Verizon store figure it out? Are they just hiding in a trash can on the Palm?

    Any help would be great, as these were extremely important files and would have been backed up if the phone would have synced in the first place...

    Please help!
  2. #2  
    Hi damax.

    Have you tried to find the files on Palm Desktop folders, on your Hard Drive?

    I'm assuming that you don't have a SD card, is that right? If that is the case, I don't know if you will be able to recover those files...

    In the future, when you are asked to clear some space on the RAM, you can use a software called PowerRun to move some of the apps to the card, so they can run from there. Of course, that implies that you must have an SD card in place.
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  3.    #3  
    I have tried to locate the files on the Palm desktop. I cannot find them and they are not in their previous location under Multimedia.

    I do not have an SD card.

    Thank you for the suggestion. I no longer use this phone and the pics and videos were of a loved one that has since passed away. I was simply trying to get them on my PC to save.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by damax32 View Post
    I have tried to locate the files on the Palm desktop. I cannot find them and they are not in their previous location under Multimedia.

    I do not have an SD card.

    Thank you for the suggestion. I no longer use this phone and the pics and videos were of a loved one that has since passed away. I was simply trying to get them on my PC to save.
    Own my god. I'm very very sorry to hear that... Keep this post alive, I'm sure that someone must have another suggestion. I will repeat your question in the Foruns on my country. Some of the people there are almost legends.

    Don't lose hope just yet.
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  5. #5  
    okay, don't go through your Palm Desktop program, on your PC, go to:
    My Computer - C drive - Programs - Palm - open the folder with your username on it - Photos - Offline Copy Location - 6f8E (it may say some other combination of letters & numbers) - Album name (if you named your photo album on your treo, if not it may say unfiled)


    If you did a desktop sync before you did the delete on your Treo, those photos should be in that last folder.


    Good luck, my heart goes with you.
  6.    #6  
    I did not do a sync while the pictures were on the camera. Unfortunately they were lost while I was clearing apps to do the sync. It wouldn't let me sync due to not enough space on the phone )c;

    Now the pics are not synced and I can't find them on the phone. I fear they are lost because it doesn't look like the Treo has any sort of recycle bin or method to restore deleted files...
  7. #7  
    Hi again damax32.

    A good friend told me about this software, that can recover data from Palm Pilots. Take a look: http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Prod...o.aspx?ID=2195

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    okay, don't go through your Palm Desktop program, on your PC, go to:
    My Computer - C drive - Programs - Palm - open the folder with your username on it - Photos - Offline Copy Location - 6f8E (it may say some other combination of letters & numbers) - Album name (if you named your photo album on your treo, if not it may say unfiled)
    If you did a desktop sync before you did the delete on your Treo, those photos should be in that last folder.

    Good luck, my heart goes with you.

    dollface, you are a doll.
    Last edited by alexfreire; 11/08/2007 at 06:13 PM.
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  8. #8  
    Alexandre, thank you for your kinds words, they made me feel good.

    To the original poster, why not download the free program called Filez which allows you to look at all the files on your treo. Perhaps you can find those files hiding somewhere.

    Filez: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-3.html?FileZ
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Alexandre, thank you for your kinds words, they made me feel good.

    To the original poster, why not download the free program called Filez which allows you to look at all the files on your treo. Perhaps you can find those files hiding somewhere.

    Filez: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-3.html?FileZ
    dollface, you are AWESOME! That's a great idea! Perhaps the files are located in some folder not accessible by regular means. Certainly worth to try!

    ...why didn't I think that before?
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  10.    #10  
    Thank you all!!! Your advice is invaluable to me as I am not very skilled with the Treo. I left it at work today but am going to try both programs tomorrow to try and locate the files. Will report back in the morning. Thank you again!
  11.    #11  
    Ok, the Filez did not find the files so I went to the RescuePro...but this software looks like it will only run recovery on my hard drives and not on the treo that is hooked up by USB. Any suggestions Alex from your friend that recommended RescuePro?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by damax32 View Post
    Ok, the Filez did not find the files so I went to the RescuePro...but this software looks like it will only run recovery on my hard drives and not on the treo that is hooked up by USB. Any suggestions Alex from your friend that recommended RescuePro?
    Hi damax32.

    I was playing a little with RescuePRO, and then I realize that it will only work if your Treo is recognized as a virtual drive (like a Pen Drive).

    I'm still looking for an app that does the trick, but no luck so far. I'll keep looking.

    Meanwhile, do not create and/or edit any file on the Treo, for that could overwrite the memory location where the files could still (hopefully) be located.
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  13.    #13  
    Has anyone had any more ideas???
  14. #14  
    Look here:

    C:\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos\Treo
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15. #15  
    If the device was every hot synced with those pictures and video in place, you should be able to find them in your Palm\profile directory on that machine. FYI
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by damax32 View Post
    Has anyone had any more ideas???
    Hi damax32.

    I haven't found any way out yet... It looks like a previous Hot Sync would be it, but unfortunately, that's not the case...

    Sorry for letting you down.
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM

Posting Permissions