1.    #1  
    anyone used it... is it more stable than the beta???
    In my experience yes. I got it yesterday on my 755p. I tried the previous betas and had problems with lockups and resets even with all the JVM settings maxed. I had just about given up then saw it had gone "gold". So far, so good, only reset once. For me, the only network option seems to be HTTP, don't know if that's because I'm on Sprint or what.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    It's been working fine on my 755p.
    Same here....before the latest version, I crashed a few times and not once with the latest release.
    aside from from speed, what other advantages are there to Opera on the 755P ??

Did you have to download and install Java seperately ??

and are you guys launching Opera from your card or ram ?
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    You need to download Java separatelu and I run both Opera and Java from the internal memory. The speed is slower than Blazer but you get to view pages in all its glory and zoom in and out, al la iPhone.

Currently using it to surf TC...
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    You need to download Java separatelu and I run both Opera and Java from the internal memory. The speed is slower than Blazer but you get to view pages in all its glory and zoom in and out, al la iPhone.

Currently using it to surf TC...

thanks -- I've just installed it and it is interesting.

How do you do a page down without having to use a stylus ??

(Blazer is clearly more Palm aware, straightforward, and faster)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Glad to hear there's a new version, the last version of Opera 4 kept crashing on me. I got it installed onto my 755p and it's looking good, but it feels slower then when I used Opera Mini 3 on my old T-Mobile MDA.

When I stop a page it takes a while, when i click a link it takes a while, and now i cannot even exit the app without waiting.. and eventually ripping the battery out. This is a surprising step back for Opera Mini.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I too am no longer having stability problems on my 755p with Opera Mini 4...

However! I'm having a new problem, and I'm curious if anyone else has run into it... I cannot get it to download images, no matter what I do in the settings. It just creates colored blocks of space where the images would have been. Doesn't matter whether I set it to "Load Images" or not on the settings page, or what quality of image download I select.

Has anyone else run into this? Thanks all.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Update... I turned off visual effects and suddenly images started downloading... odd, but hey, whatever works...
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)