Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lag is very true
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    Ultimate phone is slow and a memory hog. Initiate Pro is one of my favorite palm apps. 2day along with Initiate make palm a powerful fast tool. You can start typing in 2day and it launches initiate.
    When people say UP is a memory hog, do they just mean that it takes up a lot of room on the device, or that it slows everything down by being on it because it is taking up resources constantly?

I've been using it for a while, and rather like it. I have a few frustrations with it, but less so than with the default phone and contacts apps.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    With UP there is a definite lag when switching away from the UP's phone app to the home screen and the Centro's performance seems to suffer as well. With Propel's launcher, however, I've experienced random resets and got to the point where I had to remove the app. Propel is pretty slick and doesnt take away from the phone's speed but I take stability over looks. I ended up leaving the YourCall program for more options on calls and started using 2Cool4U (a free iPhone-ish contact app with flicking) for contacts and I am happy for now. If only I could get wallpapers on the default treo launcher like they had on TX without making the phone unstable............ :-)
    I am not sure if there is a difference between Propel and Initiate. I am using Initiate beta 3.32 beta and I haven't had any stability problems. I have been using Initiate since it came out and have only had a few problems when Initiate first tried to implement voice commands. I am not sure that was Initiates fault as much as the voice lib companies fault.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Propel and Initiate are one and the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    because you're probably on the wrong site.

i've never heard of an ultimate phone or a propel phone.
    Ulitimate phone is an app you download for the palm os and it is an incrediable tool to manage contacts to the caliander
    the UP app has a last 20 option that I use on my 680 that links the last 20 calls to memo, text, tasks,repy with text,and my favorite add to calender.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    The POS needs to be taken away from. I don't know why they couldn't have made a slick skin that enhances usability. I think Ultimate Phone has the right idea, but it's just not integrated enough. And if I can already have photos embedded into my contacts, why can't it access that. I don't see why I have to start from scratch.

So while the ideas are sound, I just think their integration is lacking.
    as I said in another post the LAST 20 option in the ultimate phone app is an incrediable tool that keeps the treo 680 in my pocket and the pre plus back at home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12