Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copwriter View Post
    I installed Opera, but when I tried to run it, I got an error message that I didn't have the Java app installed. I went to the Palm site to get it, but it didn't indicate that the 755p was supported. Will the download from Palm work on the 755p, or is there someplace else I'm supposed to get it from?
    OM 4 works very nicely on my 755p. Just install the latest JVM from Palm's web page. I chose the following Java preferences:
    - Use double buffering (check)
    - Use high resolution coordinates (check)
    - Set memory maximum: 4Mb
    - Set maximum java thread stack size: 32kB

Cheers.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 11/26/2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Do you have to pay for the Java upgrade/install?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Not that I'm aware off. I just went to Palm's web page and downloaded it.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Actually, I think you're right-- I thought it was odd, though, that the 755p isn't an option where you 'select your phone'

Aside from that, I've downloaded the Java application and made attempts to install the two files: j9JavaVMMidp20.prc and JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc
    I've emailed them to myself, downloaded the attachments on my phone, then run the attachments-- It says "installed successfully" , but then nothing shows up in my list of installed programs (?).

I've used File explorers on the phone, and I can see the files in the appropriate directory, but they don't seem to be installed and aren't recognized in the list of applications-- and I still get the same message from Opera, saying I need to have JVM installed...

If this sounds familliar to anyone, help is much appreciated.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12