1.    #1  
    I tried to do a search but the search engine would not work for me.

I just opened up the free Docs to Go on the Centro, and was wondering if you can import WordSmith files into the program? I'm trying to bring over my WordSmith or Memo files into Docs to go.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2.    #2  
    Does anyone know?

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I don't even know what WordSmith is, sorry.
    D2G has great CS, you might check their site or call them. I wonder if you need the premium ver. to do that or if its even possible?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    D2G has great CS, you might check their site or call them. I wonder if you need the premium ver. to do that or if its even possible?
    I went to their site and called but when they started talking about a possible fee if you didn't have a certain type of edition, I hung up.

I want to say I stumbled on a page describing how to do just that a week or so ago - unfortunately I have no idea where. It seems like it was an article of blog post, as opposed to a forum post. I've just got Wordsmith on my Centro just in case - but luckily I never really used the docs side of it (it's a great memo replacement though - too bad it's out of date now and is no longer supported).

I doubt that really helps, but could give you encouragement to look further in google.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    I want to say I stumbled on a page describing how to do just that a week or so ago - unfortunately I have no idea where. It seems like it was an article of blog post, as opposed to a forum post. I've just got Wordsmith on my Centro just in case - but luckily I never really used the docs side of it (it's a great memo replacement though - too bad it's out of date now and is no longer supported).

I doubt that really helps, but could give you encouragement to look further in google.
    Thanks, the beauty and drudgery of searching the web. I looked this morning, and I am motivated to take another dab at it.

I just googled convert wordsmith and found handango. It converts back and forth and mentions palm. I didn't look into it since they also charge for it. There might be a free one in there somewhere.
    Another thought - if you still have the WordSmith files synced to your desktop, I think they are just .rtf files on the desktop side - which could then be opened and saved as word files on the desktop side and synced back to Docs to Go.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    Another thought - if you still have the WordSmith files synced to your desktop, I think they are just .rtf files on the desktop side - which could then be opened and saved as word files on the desktop side and synced back to Docs to Go.
    Thanks, but that sounds kinda hard. LOL, I'm kinda burnt out right now.

I must say that the issues I am having are due to having to set up both the new Centro and a new Dell laptop computer at the same time. Grrrr

It sounds like the easiest and possibly cheapest way is to go with D2G. I don't know if you saw my post above about google?