1.    #1  
    Lately Ive noticed my battery power draining really fast. I could make a phone call or 2 the whole day, at the end of the day the battery is up to 12%, just like that. I charge it everynight. I havent put on any new progarms in quite sometime. Phone is about 3 years old. Im assuming its the battery. Is it time for a new battery? How much should I be paying for one?
    Last edited by myblackz28; 11/08/2007 at 09:14 AM.
    I just picked one up on eBay, new, for $10.48 shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    Lately Ive noticed my battery power draining really fast. I could make a phone call or 2 the whole day, at the end of the day the battery is up to 12%, just like that. I charge it everynight. I havent put on any new progarms in quite sometime. Phone is about 3 years old. Im assuming its the battery. Is it time for a new battery? How much should I be paying for one?
    Hi myblackz28.

Definitely, your battery is gone. You said 3 years? WOW! That's a LOT.

The Treo's battery is really amazing... you won't find easily a battery that lasts that long, with a powerful processor and a 320x320 display.

Since you'll have to purchase a new one, consider the Seidio 2400mAh: "...This Extended Battery provides approximately 33% longer talk and standby time."

Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Yes. Get the 2400 extended battery and Pocket Tunes (if you do not have it). It will feel like a whole new Treo.
  5.    #5  
    Im going away for the weekend and cant really wait for a shipment. I have a sprint store around the corner from where I work. Should I go in there and ge a battery there or wait for the seidio 2400?
    Im going away for the weekend and cant really wait for a shipment. I have a sprint store around the corner from where I work. Should I go in there and ge a battery there or wait for the seidio 2400?
    That's really up to you. I would wait, but if you think the original battery will satisfy you, go for it. Besides, the original is also VERY good - I have two of them.

But Seidio...

Anyway, be careful to buy the original (Palm or Seidio). Watch out for cheap batteries from eBay or other sites.

And, of course, good luck!
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexfreire View Post
    That's really up to you. I would wait, but if you think the original battery will satisfy you, go for it. Besides, the original is also VERY good - I have two of them.

But Seidio...

Anyway, be careful to buy the original (Palm or Seidio). Watch out for cheap batteries from eBay or other sites.

And, of course, good luck!

alexfreire thanx for the reply! Would the sprint store sell me a battery thats an aftermarket one? How do I know its a battery from palm? IM guessing if it says PALM on it huh?
    alexfreire thanx for the reply! Would the sprint store sell me a battery thats an aftermarket one? How do I know its a battery from palm? IM guessing if it says PALM on it huh?
    Are you driving out or flying? Depending on where you live, you may be able to pick on up at one of our Airport retailers.

Thanks
    Not a problem. That's what we are here for!

I coudn't tell you about the products available on Sprint stores, sorry. But here is the original battery:

http://palm.imageg.net/graphics/prod...1744208reg.jpg

You can buy it here.

Here is the Seidio battery:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...TR650_2400.jpg

You can buy it here or here

And finally, I don't know if it will help you, but here is a picture of my battery:

http://www.charlestondobermans.com/f...eo-battery.jpg

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by alexfreire; 11/08/2007 at 02:24 PM.
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  10.    #10  
    So after waiting online in the sprint store for 20 minutes, they tell me they dont sell batteries in the store. I have to go to a service center which is a couple of blocks away. 60 bucks for the battery. Guess I will have to wait for the seidio to come. Until then I will just have to keep a charger with me.
  11.    #11  
    So I just got my new seidio battery. Works just fine. Tanx seidio!
    Last edited by myblackz28; 11/21/2007 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTIguy View Post
    I just picked one up on eBay, new, for $10.48 shipped.
    Wow thats a great DEAL! Mine is just about gone.