Download:
    http://www.moxsi.com/x411[0.0.4b].zip

Instant Download to your Treo or Centro:
    http://getx411.moxsi.com

updates:
    - added proxy support
    - modified disconnect logic
    - added num/num-lock shift/shift-lock indicator

i really need help on this build. could someone please verify the proxy support. i don't use a proxy and i had trouble trying to find a server that works due to the fact there are a zillion published ones that do not work.

also, bandit, i modified the disconnect logic a little. can you check to see if this solves the "disconnect on exit" bug.

thanks everyone.

enjoy!
    also, bandit, i modified the disconnect logic a little. can you check to see if this solves the "disconnect on exit" bug.
    Works great now!! Thanks for the fix
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Configured the proxy setting the same as I use in Blazer. Where previously it would hang on the "Connecting" screen, it now says "Downloading Page 1". However, every search comes back as "No Results Found". Residential, Business, nothing. I tried lots of people, and Subway, Walmart, Kroger etc. in several different cities.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by teb5 View Post
    Configured the proxy setting the same as I use in Blazer. Where previously it would hang on the "Connecting" screen, it now says "Downloading Page 1". However, every search comes back as "No Results Found". Residential, Business, nothing. I tried lots of people, and Subway, Walmart, Kroger etc. in several different cities.
    sounds like the proxy might be reformatting the results. can you email me please (scott@moxsi.com).
    I wish there was a way x411 could keep history of locations so we don't have to type them all the time. Also, an option to clean history would be great.
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but what will happen after the 20 day trial period?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Huge DA fan....

Love the interface, hating the database so far.

Twin Creek Village Apartments, Norman, OK .... no results (which i also understand to mean too many)

Twin Creek Village, Norman, OK.... no results

Creek Village, Norman, OK returns Twin Creek Village :P

oh well, ill most likely still stick with it
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I wish there was a way x411 could keep history of locations so we don't have to type them all the time. Also, an option to clean history would be great.
    I'm with you on this one, also would be nice to remember the cities location.
    Quote Originally Posted by moxsi View Post
    i believe if you provide a query with too many results, ...instead of returning "too many results", it returns "no results". unfortunate, but out of my hands.

so, a search for "smith" in "nv" give no results (as i'm sure there are plenty). yet, a search for "al smith" in "nv" has results, ...as does "smith" in "carson city, nv". just narrow your search critera if you get "no results".
    That isn't the case with my last name. Using other search engines I only come up with one or two results for Michigan, 24-25 for the entire country. Yet, unless I put in the city, X411 doesn't find any.

There are only 4 results, using other search engines, for my neighbor, in Michigan. Again, none with X411 unless the city is included.
    Thanks, Scott. This fills the bill while we wait for DA (and may replace DA depending how its new interface will be).
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Twin Creek Village Apartments, Norman, OK .... no results

Twin Creek Village, Norman, OK.... no results

Creek Village, Norman, OK returns Twin Creek Village
    that actually sounds like a bug. i'll check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    That isn't the case with my last name. Using other search engines I only come up with one or two results for Michigan, 24-25 for the entire country. Yet, unless I put in the city, X411 doesn't find any.

There are only 4 results, using other search engines, for my neighbor, in Michigan. Again, none with X411 unless the city is included.
    i'm not sure why i haven't mentioned it yet, ...but the directory i'm using is google phonebook. i know the directory is relatively new, ..but i've always been impressed with google and i figured if they didn't already have the #1 phone directory, ..they would in a short amount of time. maybe that's why they don't push their phonebook feature very much (yet?). sorry if i made a poor choice on that. but, it may have been the only choice, ..as the other site's core business is DA, and they are very protective of their data. if you read their usage terms (i did on a couple), i don't think you could legally "scrape" from their site, so you would have to license their data (which is costly). i assume this is what telepages is going to do.

anyhoo, ...just google, "phonebook: name, location" for residential. the business directory is a different engine.
    I'm very happy with the Google search results your app is providing so far...
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Nice program. It doesn't seem to work for Canadian listings. will that be corrected?
    I looked up my last name in my zip code. There were 9 entries, one of which was me. I clicked on my name, and DA called a (listed) number that I only have for DSL purposes. My main phone number - also listed - did not show up. So - phone numbers should show up next to the name, and all names, even duplicates resulting from multiple numbers listed for the same person, need to show up as many times as there are phone numbers in their name.

Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by yybenedb View Post
    Nice program. It doesn't seem to work for Canadian listings. will that be corrected?
    i don't think so. if it's in google phonebook, then i can make it work, ..but i don't think google supports it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I looked up my last name in my zip code. There were 9 entries, one of which was me. I clicked on my name, and DA called a (listed) number that I only have for DSL purposes. My main phone number - also listed - did not show up. So - phone numbers should show up next to the name, and all names, even duplicates resulting from multiple numbers listed for the same person, need to show up as many times as there are phone numbers in their name.
    i do not filter any results. if there are 3 exact listings in the directory, i will show 3 exact listings also.
  16.    #76  
    x411 Directory Assistant
    Version 0.0.5b BETA

Download:
    http://www.moxsi.com/x411[0.0.5b].zip

updates:
    - fixed a bug with proxy support
    - fixed a bug in business search parsing (the FuManChuu bug)

thanks everyone.

enjoy!
    One thing I noticed is that anybody who has opted out of google's phone number search (the one where you type in a phone number and it would not only bring up the name but also the address and a map of the address) will not be in google's phonebook.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    One thing I noticed is that anybody who has opted out of google's phone number search (the one where you type in a phone number and it would not only bring up the name but also the address and a map of the address) will not be in google's phonebook.
    Yup, this is why I couldn't look up anybody I know. They all removed themselves from the Google database. Also, once you remove yourself, it is permanent. You can't be added back in. At least I know why it wasn't working now.
  19.    #79  
    x411 Directory Assistant
    Version 0.0.6b BETA

Download:
    http://www.moxsi.com/x411[0.0.6b].zip

thanks everyone.

enjoy!
    what did this update change...

trial from 20 days to 15 days?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast