Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 126
  1. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #41  
    The residential search doesn't come back with some results that it should. I have searched for people with X411 and not gotten any results, but if I search with www.whitepages.com, I do get results. Not sure if it's a bug or the directory you're using. Also, if I only enter the state, sometimes I get no results, but if I enter the city I do get results.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    I dont like this version 2, It is missing the zip code on the display of the results screen.

    Example
    Starbucks
    5610 W Captial DR
    Milwaukee, WI

    it should read..

    Starbucks
    5610 W Captial DR
    Milwaukee, WI 53216

    ----------


    Bata 1 and Bata 2 (both) would not carry the zip code over when adding to the contact data base.
    This seems to only happen when doing a business search.

    When doing a residential search the zip code doesn't display on the search results, but it does carry over to the contact data base.

    Regardless the zip needs to carry over for a business search.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. #43  
    It is working well for what I need it for. Thanks!
  4. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #44  
    I think that a great feature would be searching residential or business by area code.

    Here on Long Island we may know the person or business is in Nassau County (516 are code) but not which village or incorporated town (there are many small villages here in Long Island, but all within Nassau County 516 area code).

    Thanks - I think that would be a killer feature to implement!
  5.    #45  
    x411 Directory Assistant
    Version 0.0.3b BETA

    Download:
    http://www.moxsi.com/x411[0.0.3b].zip

    Instant Download to your Treo or Centro:
    http://getx411.moxsi.com


    i added a fix for the Treo 680 dial issue. i also opened up the application for those wishing to test with Palm TX devices.

    enjoy!
  6. #46  
    I have noticed inconsistent search results. For example, when I search for my last name (not a common one) and only use my state I get no results. Likewise for leaving location blank. I have to put in my city to get a result and then I get two phone numbers. One is correct, the other I suspect is an old ISDN number I had 10 years ago. Likewise, for a friend that lives down the street. The state is Michigan.
  7. #47  
    I have a 650 with T-mobile Internet. It hangs up on "connecting"
  8. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #48  
    Is it possible to name the file without the brackets - so in can load OTA?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    I have noticed inconsistent search results. For example, when I search for my last name (not a common one) and only use my state I get no results. Likewise for leaving location blank. I have to put in my city to get a result and then I get two phone numbers. One is correct, the other I suspect is an old ISDN number I had 10 years ago. Likewise, for a friend that lives down the street. The state is Michigan.
    i believe if you provide a query with too many results, ...instead of returning "too many results", it returns "no results". unfortunate, but out of my hands.

    so, a search for "smith" in "nv" give no results (as i'm sure there are plenty). yet, a search for "al smith" in "nv" has results, ...as does "smith" in "carson city, nv". just narrow your search critera if you get "no results".


    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes View Post
    I have a 650 with T-mobile Internet. It hangs up on "connecting"
    try disconnect in the menu, ...and then retry. if that doesn't work, ...your data network is probably down or you are in an area with poor connectivity. the networking code in x411 has been refined from the work of 2 previous projects, ..and i have fairly high confidence in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    Is it possible to name the file without the brackets - so in can load OTA?
    that is why i provide this link:
    http://getx411.moxsi.com

    i always point that link to the latest BETA (for now, until i roll out a stable release, then it will always point to the latest stable release).

    can anyone with a Treo 680 please confirm the dial logic now works in version 0.0.3b. thanks everyone.
  10. McTreo's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #50  
    I have tested it some more and am quite pleased with the results so far.

    Nice work!

    McTreo
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

    BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by moxsi View Post
    can anyone with a Treo 680 please confirm the dial logic now works in version 0.0.3b. thanks everyone.
    Yes, it does work on my 680. Thanks!
  12. teb5's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #52  
    For many of us on Tmobile, the million dollar question is proxy support. DA had it, and so it was usable for those of us on the t-zones $5.99 plan. Any chance of incorporating it into x411?
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by moxsi View Post
    x411 Directory Assistant
    Version 0.0.3b BETA

    Scott,
    I am experiencing inconsistent results when using reverse lookup for residential.
    For some numbers I get the proper results and other numbers I'm getting "No results found.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  14. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #54  
    Doing a residential search for example “Smith” in “Louisville KY” the result was truncated to first thirty Smiths. Is that what is expected?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    Yes, it does work on my 680. Thanks!
    good to hear.


    Quote Originally Posted by teb5 View Post
    For many of us on Tmobile, the million dollar question is proxy support. DA had it, and so it was usable for those of us on the t-zones $5.99 plan. Any chance of incorporating it into x411?
    sure, no problem. i'm not sure if paypal can handle $1m transactions, ...but feel free to break it up into multiple transactions.


    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I am experiencing inconsistent results when using reverse lookup for residential.
    For some numbers I get the proper results and other numbers I'm getting "No results found.
    by inconsistent, do you mean those numbers exist in the regular search ??


    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    Doing a residential search for example “Smith” in “Louisville KY” the result was truncated to first thirty Smiths. Is that what is expected?
    yes, i that is expected. i need to draw the line somewhere, for bandwidth sake. i thinking about making this user configurable in preferences.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by moxsi View Post
    .

    by inconsistent, do you mean those numbers exist in the regular search ??
    They are not in the regular search which explains why the reverse look up doesn't display.

    But, these people do have listed phone numbers and are retrievable using an online white pages directory like superpages.com.

    Therefore x411 is not picking up all listed numbers when trying to do a search.

    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    They are not in the regular search which explains why the reverse look up doesn't display.

    But, these people do have listed phone numbers and are retrievable using an online white pages directory like superpages.com.
    it is possible they have chosen to remove their listing. delisting from one directory doesn't mean you've delisted from all directories. i believe google, anywho, whitepages, switchboard, reverse phone directory, phonenumber, and smartpages/yellowpages all have their own separate directories with their own removal system. of course, i can't be sure the exact reason it isn't listed, ..but i would venture a guess that you can find inconsistent results when comparing across all of the DA sites.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by moxsi View Post
    it is possible they have chosen to remove their listing. delisting from one directory doesn't mean you've delisted from all directories. i believe google, anywho, whitepages, switchboard, reverse phone directory, phonenumber, and smartpages/yellowpages all have their own separate directories with their own removal system. of course, i can't be sure the exact reason it isn't listed, ..but i would venture a guess that you can find inconsistent results when comparing across all of the DA sites.
    Scott,
    One of those names that didn't show up is my 96 year old mother who has been listed in the phone book for years. She hasn't changed anything because I would be the one to change it.

    I just tried 3 more names and only one came up. All three are listed numbers and come up on superpages.com

    Anyway, let's see if others are having the same issue as often as I am.

    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  19. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Scott,
    One of those names that didn't show up is my 96 year old mother who has been listed in the phone book for years. She hasn't changed anything because I would be the one to change it.

    I just tried 3 more names and only one came up. All three are listed numbers and come up on superpages.com

    Anyway, let's see if others are having the same issue as often as I am.

    TIA
    I am having this issue as well (see post #41).
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    Yes, it does work on my 680. Thanks!
    It works on my 680 as long as I don't have the "disconnect on exit" box checked.
    If I have it checked, it will call the number, but it gets stuck on the white disconnect screen, and stays there, if I hit the red button to clear it off, it sends it into a soft reset.

    Unchecking the box it works great though.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions