Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    works, but why would someone buy this when there the nice
    www.telepages.net
    Directory Assistant?

works great on my 755p

Maybe Im missing something..

Er, well, uh, for one thing, telepages isn't up, its coming soon.....

someday

maybe

its what everyone has been waiting on for months now but isn't here yet and, when it is, looks like its going to have some kind of ad based revenue/registration thingy that may or may not be an issue for us old DA users.

In any case, we have been waiting a long time and that is why Scot posted his great little app. Its here and it works
    Last edited by midmofan; 11/08/2007 at 02:48 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Scott,
    Reverse Lookup only works if you include the state in the location which of course you may not know.
    Hopefully you can fix that.
    yes, easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Looking good, what price are you going to sell the program for?
    i was thinking $9.95. i'm sure some will be very happy with that, some will be outraged !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pluka View Post
    Outstanding. I hope that your information source remains stable and avoids the problems that DA encountered.
    i couldn't agree more !!

Quote Originally Posted by nerual96 View Post
    Here is a few issues I found & wish list items:
    - Can you add the icon symbols for number, number lock, upper case & upper case lock??
    i'll look into that. that sounds like a good idea.

- In business search, one name on the result page extended beyond the screen. Since this is centered, a few leading and trailing characters were chopped off. Can this wrap, ala a ribbon electronic board??
    yes, i'll fix this somehow. even though many are a fan of my scrolling text controls, ...i was thinking to simply use the regular font for lengthy names (instead of the bold font) so you can read it quickly. short names will still be in bold font. kind of inconsistent from a GUI standpoint, ..but i feel it will be more usable and barely noticeable.

- Reverse search only seems to work for residential searches. Should this work for business searches??
    unfortunately not now. it's two different engines.

- On business search results, zip codes are not displayed. Can this be added??
    let me check into that. there might be a penalty to include zipcodes (longer downloads).

- Any chance of adding a connection to Google Maps?
    it's possible. no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    works, but why would someone buy this when there the nice www.telepages.net Directory Assistant?
    i guess for the same reason i wrote this app to begin with.

also, thanks for taking the time to post all the positive comments. they are appreciated.
    $9.95?????

Heck, I am happy to pay that for the Beta before he improves on the thing...

Keep up the great work
    I agree! $9.95, is NOT bad...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Yeah - I'm happy with paying $9.95 for this app.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Played more with the ap last night on my new centro. Basic stuff works, but I could not get a reverse lookup to work using my home phone number.

Hope as this evolves:

Match the feature set of the last version of DA. It was just about perfect.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Yeah - I'm happy with paying $9.95 for this app.

I'd pay for it if it has Google Maps integration and proves stable (i.e., uses a web site that doesn't change it's format). The latter requirement seems unlikely as we've witnessed several times with Directory Assistant, which is why we're here today.
    Scott:

What database do you use, and especially how can I send them corrections?

My home address is slightly wrong, and my work address gives an out-of-date location we moved out of years ago.

Good Job, Though!

Appreciate the Ap.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Great work on the app. Thanks for doing it.

Since you're taking feature requests, any chance of implementing cut and paste?

Also, I second (or third) the request for integration with google maps.

Finally, I think it would be great if you could have the zip code show up also when using the results to create a contact. Maybe a feature to make sure the contact doesn't already exist too.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Suggestion...could you add a button to clear searches (clear search data)?

After I do I search the info. stays there until I search again. It would be great to be able to clear the screen of the search results.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    [QUOTE=Rob_T;1373436]Suggestion...could you add a button to clear searches (clear search data)?

QUOTE]
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Great DA app, moxsi!! I just assigned it to my side button.

Just one small request... Can you add some kind of "Recent Searches" or "Search History" feature? Like maybe you can add a drop-down menu arrow next to the word "Search," and when selected, it brings up your last 5-10 searches? I tend to search the same business, so having this feature would be very useful.

Thanks again for your wonderful app!
    Works great! loving it! thanks for the tip on reverse look up. Suggestion: with reverse lu if the number can't be resolved, only the area code or area code and preffix are entered how about returning city/state info?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Suggestion...could you add a button to clear searches (clear search data)?

After I do I search the info. stays there until I search again. It would be great to be able to clear the screen of the search results.
    I like the idea of hitting the Search button clearing the results. I can't think of a reason for keeping them there if I want to do another search. Also, the layout is clean, so I wouldn't add buttons unless you are adding a lot more functionality. I do like the idea of a drop down menu of recent searches too so if you mispelled something, you can pick the last search. Thanks for the app, it's great.

One more thing, if you decide not to do what I mentioned above, can you make the 5-way work the same way after a successful search is done and you go back to the search screen. Going left and right to get to the search and location isn't consistent. Thanks again.
  15.    #35  
    x411 Directory Assistant
    Version 0.0.2b BETA

Download:
    http://www.moxsi.com/x411[0.0.2b].zip

Instant Download to your Treo or Centro:
    http://getx411.moxsi.com

i'm running short on time today, ...so i'm going to push this BETA release without a description, ...but i believe i've fixed most of the bugs and incorporated most of your desired enhancements.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moxsi View Post
    x411 Directory Assistant
    Version 0.0.2b BETA

i'm running short on time today, ...so i'm going to push this BETA release without a description, ...but i believe i've fixed most of the bugs and incorporated most of your desired enhancements.

Fantastic! Thanks!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I'm another 680 user with the Dial Out problem. I'm on TMobile. Are there any Tmobile users on other Treos; is this just a provider issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    I'm another 680 user with the Dial Out problem. I'm on TMobile. Are there any Tmobile users on other Treos; is this just a provider issue?

I'm the other one that had mentioned this problem, I'm on Cingular / AT&T.
    So it might be a 680 glitch.

I just downloaded the newer beta, & it still give me the same error message.
    Last edited by ILBandit; 11/11/2007 at 08:57 AM.
    [QUOTE=moxsi;1373809]x411 Directory Assistant
    Version 0.0.2b BETA QUOTE]

Looks good so far.
    Tks Scott
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I dont like this version 2, It is missing the zip code on the display of the results screen.

Example
    Starbucks
    5610 W Captial DR
    Milwaukee, WI

it should read..

Starbucks
    5610 W Captial DR
    Milwaukee, WI 53216

----------

Bata 1 and Bata 2 (both) would not carry the zip code over when adding to the contact data base.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast